Can you send in medical evidence before receiving decision letter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you send in medical evidence before receiving decision letter?

sidkab
sidkab Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can you send in medical evidence or GP letter before receiving decision letter and are appointment letters classified as medical evidence?

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Hi @sidkab

Which benefit are you referring to here? What benefit did you have an assessment for? 

There's never any harm in sending in further evidence, but I'd ensure that whatever you send is useful in helping you secure your award. A letter from a GP shouldn't just confirm your diagnosis, but also explain how it impacts you in relation to the descriptors for the benefit.

Regarding appointment letters, I'm uncertain how worthwhile sending it in would be, because it doesn't tell the assessor much about how your condition impacts you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • sidkab
    It’s regarding PIP benefit 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sidkab - just to say you are asked not to send in appointment letters as evidence for PIP.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @chiarieds :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • sidkab
    Oh okay thanks I will just get doctors letters regarding impact of illnesses at the moment I’m just trying to collect information for MR although I haven’t got decision yet only assessment report 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.