Hi, my name is 3PARKWAY3! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is 3PARKWAY3!

3PARKWAY3
3PARKWAY3 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
edited June 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hi everybody, it’s nice to meet you all !
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @3PARKWAY3 ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 3PARKWAY3
    Thank you. I am autistic . Feels really weird to admit it

• 3PARKWAY3
    Thank you everyone for your kind greetings !
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @3PARKWAY3 :) It's great to have you with us, and thanks for sharing with us that you live with autism. Is this quite a new diagnosis? Or is it perhaps something you don't usually share with people?

We have a category for discussions relating to autism, so please do take a look through there (or any other categories) and get stuck in. Just give us a shout if you need anything!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @3PARKWAY3 - & welcome to the community from me too. I hope you enjoy being a member of this friendly & supportive group. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @3PARKWAY3

Wishing you a warm welcome, how are you today?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 3PARKWAY3
    Wow ! such a warm welcome from such lovely people ! thank you so much !  I have been living with this all my life and have been dealing with it until my father died in December. This took me to tipping point as it were, and I havn't been out socially or been able to funtion finding a job.

I have been busy with my super new hobby of Marquetry, cutting and creting pictures with vaneer woods. I love wood and find it very theraputic hobby.  Best to keep busy, keeps me focused and funtion.
  • 3PARKWAY3
    Another way to cope is walking or cycling. The North York Moors are spectacular and I love to get my pbackpack on with a flask of coffee and off I go. I also take my camera.  The phones have such good cameras on them that it's more conveniant to take that !  I have also written some articles for small Bike magazine.
  • 3PARKWAY3
    I have been recently refered for diagnosis, but this can take up to a year !
  • 3PARKWAY3
    I do find I can cope withg my walking and cycling if I plan something in advance that doesn't involve too many people and I take my beta blockers for that extra support !
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you may show us some photos of your marquetry work; that's quite a skill. There's a post called 'Kaleidoscope' in our virtual 'Coffee lounge' where members display their artwork & crafts.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @3PARKWAY3

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your father in December, and that the event took you to "tipping point" as you say. Can I ask exactly what you mean by tipping point? I do hope that your mental health is in a better place now and that you receive support to manage it.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 3PARKWAY3
    I am slowly getting able to cope with the passing of my dear father. He was my total inspiration and I loved him right to the end. I just couldn't cope with anything, let alone deal with my autism. It is getting better mainly to these beta blockers I am taking which slows down something when I get overwhelmed with emotions.  I have been absolutely delighted with my marquetry hobby. I spend most of ny time thinking of my next project !  Thank you !!!

Its great to talk to people online, thank you
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @3PARKWAY3 :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • 3PARKWAY3
    Thank you I totally agree about keeping busy. I am working on my own design at the moment a seascape set in Canada. The trees are so difficult to cut as  the wood I need for them happens not to like cutting with a exacto knife!  I will not let that bother me as there will be alternative woods!!
  • [Deleted User]
  • 3PARKWAY3
    Hi, Its a great way of relaxing, but I did touch the scalpol blade instead of the handle...yep, I used about 3 waterproof plasters and kept my finger under the tap (bound to happen some time)  I love the swan and morton craft knifes, as they are incredibly sharp. You are actually using the tip of the blade and not the cutting adge, so when you sharpen the blade you turn it upside down and use a stone and just push the blade up and down to give you a lovely cutting point.

I am learning about all these lovely grains you can get on the different vaneers, and some suppliers dye the woods green, blue, grey (my favourate)  for different effects.  

Your hobby sounds really interesting, as it has to do with patterning wood?  I did google it and wow !  was I impressed? Yep |!

Brightness