Hi, my name is Maggie56! Hearing back about assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Maggie56! Hearing back about assessment

Maggie56
Maggie56 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I applied for PIP on 2nd February 2021. Heard back that they received forms etc but have heard nothing since. I rang them up and was told that everything was with the assessors and was given a direct number to call them. I got nowhere ringing the number because it was just a message to say I will hear back from them in due course! Anyone else had the same problem?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

This 7s normal there are people who applied in Dec still waiting for assessments 

It's just a long waiting game unfortunately 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Maggie56

Welcome to the community, how are you? 
    ]
    I have moved your discussion over to our PIP category, which you might like to browse for similar situations. As mentioned above this is quite common at the minute but of course it's still a long delay to have and I hope you hear back soon.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Maggie56
    I knew it would take a while but not this long! At least I know I'm not the only one!
  • Maggie56
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Maggie56 - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. :) Quite a few of our members have mentioned they're having a long wait for an assessment, which doesn't help a person's stress levels. I hope you're able to put it out of your mind for now; an assessment will be due before you know it.
  • Maggie56
    Chiarieds thank you. I'm suffering badly with anxiety and depression and would use the extra money for someone to help me indoors.
    Every day is a struggle on my own mentally. I have no motivation to do anything and my memory has been affected too, so I'm pretty desperate at the moment ?

• chiarieds
    I'm sorry to read that. Do you have any support from your GP about your anxiety & depression?
  • Maggie56
    Yes I'm on antidepressants and my GP is very good.
    I'm also hoping to get counselling 
  • chiarieds
    That's great that you've got a very good GP & are hoping to get some counselling. Let's also hope it's not too long until you hear about getting your PIP assessment. Kindly let us know how you get on. :)
  • Maggie56
    I will do and thanks for your support 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad to hear you have support from your GP for your mental health @Maggie56, do ensure you speak with them if you begin to feel worse or if you feel as though you could do with alternate treatment. 

Do you have any support from friends or family members at this time?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Maggie56
    Yes I have family members and good friends and they all help when they can 
  • Sammiecat75
    Sammiecat75 Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Hi all..im in the same boat.applied nov/dec last year not heard a peep from them just being told its with the assesors they cant tell me anything else.
    It could be assesed on paper without appointment noticed on here a lady never got a call for assesment just paid her money into her bank shes waiting for her award letter.
    Im giving up with mines now..just getting me down again with it all and struggling.maybe one day i will hear back
  • Maggie56
    Hi Sammie
    Thanks for your reply. Glad someone is in the same boat as me! 
    I hope you hear from them soon because you have been waiting so long!
    Good luck x
  • Sammiecat75
    Sammiecat75 Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Maggie56 said:
    Hi Sammie
    Thanks for your reply. Glad someone is in the same boat as me! 
    I hope you hear from them soon because you have been waiting so long!
    Good luck x
    Hi maggie.
    Its all a joke everyday i struggle mentaly amd physicaly

Assesment next week but not hopeful.how can they assess u on the phone
    Its awful how its been treated xx
  • Maggie56
    Hi Sammie.
    Everything crossed for you with your assessment next week. I will be thinking of you.
    I am struggling badly. I can't even dress or wash myself because I have absolutely no motivation to do so. Either my daughter comes in or my friend and they both more or less push me into getting washed and dressed.

It's horrible and I hate feeling like this ? 

I wanted the pip money so I could pay someone to come and help me with everyday things. It's unfair to rely on my daughter and my friend because they have their own lives xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.