pip for 22q11 deletion syndrome — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip for 22q11 deletion syndrome

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello
I have just join your service to day and i need some help i am waiting to hear from the judge about my pip he ask me if was diagnoses 22q11 deletion syndrome would i be happy to get pip ?? can some one let me no please kind regards john my email is (Removed by moderator, personal details such as email address are not allowed on the community) thank you

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @johnuk57

Welcome to the community, how are you? 

I'm sorry I'm struggling to interpret what your question is, and I don't want to say anything incorrectly. Would you mind clarifying what the judge asked of you? And what it is you're looking for advice about? :) 

Just to let you know, I have removed your email address from your post, because we don't allow personal details on the community in accordance with our community guidelines.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • johnuk57
    johnuk57 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hello Ross
    Thank you for your quick message my question is 
    the Judge ask if i was diagnoses 22q11 deletion syndrome as he could not find any info on it if was diagnoses or not but later in Jan of this year i was diagnoses by heart Dr from Bristol do this meen by the Judge i could get PIP ?? hope this helps please let me no ?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Still not clear what this is about. What was the outcome of your tribunal hearing? Are you saying that you had a hearing but the judge suspended it pending further information?
    PIP is about how your health affects you rather than diagnosis - although diagnosis will have some bearing on prognosis and therefore appropriate length of any award.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @johnuk57

Perhaps it may be of assistance, if I attempt to enlighten everyone about your diagnosis.

John suffers from a rare disease called DiGeorge Syndrome, it is also known as 22q11.2 deletion syndrome, which mean that part of his chromosome 22 is missing.

This disease can adversely affect the body in numerous ways, two key points, there is no cure and it is life long.

Such a diagnosis would be an essential tool, in deciding the outcome of his PIP claim.

I have no doubt John understands the importance of his recent diagnosis.

Let me know if I can assist any further.
  • johnuk57
    Hello calcotti
    I had a telephone hearing 60 minutes but the appeal was adjourned for telephone hearing as it was not in interests of justice for it to be determined with out an hearing the tribunal has adjourned the appeal as it was not possible to resolve the inconsistencies in the papers particaularly regarding the diagnoses 22q11 deletion syndrome i think what the Judge saying is he cant see any notes on my medical notes saying diagnoses 22q11 deletion syndrome but my Heart GP diagnoses me in Jan of this year ? he ask me to get copy of my medical notes that i have done sent it to him but.,

• calcotti
    atlas47 said: Perhaps it may be of assistance, if I attempt to enlighten everyone about your diagnosis.
    Am aware - looked it up.

John, send any new evidence not already sent. This will be used to inform the decision. You should not make any assumptions about the likely outcome, the tribunal have to consider the evidence and then make a decision.

Is there to be another hearing?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • johnuk57
    Yes There is going to be an orther hearing yes you can send my message to every on looking forwared to the outcome soon thank you
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    Your diagnosis won't make any difference to the outcome of the appeal as it is based on how you are affected, not by what the diagnosis is. If the judge has asked you for medical records I would send them in though.
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • calcotti
    Your diagnosis won't make any difference to the outcome of the appeal as it is based on how you are affected, not by what the diagnosis is. If the judge has asked you for medical records I would send them in though.
    As noted in my earlier reply the diagnosis may make a difference to the length of award.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.