Not heard anything — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not heard anything

RoxyC
RoxyC Community member Posts: 40 Connected
Hi all, 

I applied for pip on 18th of February, received my forms in april and sent them back on the 6th of may. I've not even received an acknowledgement text from pip to say they have my forms. Is this normal? It's been 5 weeks now and not a word. 

Comments

• Ym1777
    Ym1777 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    edited June 2021
    I've been waiting since December 2020 and still haven't heard anything not even a date for a assessment they take the (Removed by moderator, profanity) in the forms it says how does your condition affect your daily life! Well this is causing me more anxiety distress and alarm that bloody normal ? it's a bloody waiting game. Trust I feel your pain ?
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    edited June 2021
    I agree @Ym1777 it does seem ridiculous that a benefit that's supposed to support unwell people or vulnerable people causes so much stress and anxiety :disappointed: I am grateful it's available however I genuinely feel there has to be a better way of giving it to those who need it rather than causing so many issues just in the application! But nothing we can do unfortunately or so it seems anyway! Good luck with everything! Hope u haven't got to wait much longer! I must admit I am all (Removed by moderator, profanity) off and full of self pity as I've been waiting since April for MR decision! But seeing how long you have been waiting has made me think again! It's still a (Removed by moderator, profanity) take but it could be worse! ? 
  • Emilyb81
    @RoxyC just wanted to say I hadn't heard anything back when I'd sent my forms etc so I ended up calling them 4 or 5 weeks later and turns out they hadn't got them for 3 weeks due to internal mail etc and after I checked I then got a text same day saying they had received them? So might be worth just ringing tomorrow and checking if they have them as sometimes the messages don't get sent for whatever reason? :smile: 
  • Harrington
    Harrington Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    @Emilyb81 Same here been waiting for reply for my MR since April it seems such a long wait for people who aren't well to start off with.
  • Emilyb81
    edited June 2021
    @Harrington
    The whole thing doesn't make sense and I understand that there's a backlog due to covid! But I just think... For example if they are going to say no go to tribunal surely it wouldn't take so long? Wish they could put us out of our misery sooner at least in that situation so we can start moving forward with the next step... It took them literally 5 days to say nope in march so I don't understand what's taking months now! And honestly the amount of people that are in turmoil because of the waiting and not knowing its just orrible! I suppose they must be doing their best! I should stop moaning really I just don't know how they manage to get away with it when the whole world seems to be aware of what a shambles it is.... I hope you hear something soon hun and preferably good news for all of us! ???
  • Emilyb81
    It's like the lottery you gotta be in it to win it kind of thing? Just exhausting the brain ache etc! 
  • RoxyC
    RoxyC Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    The whole process is an absolute horror story. The whole thing is just crazy!!!! How can it take 6 weeks to open a letter????? Someone I know applied a month after me and already has a date for her assessment and I've still not had a text to say they have my forms? How does that work? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.