How long do you have to wait for a decision after your telephone assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long do you have to wait for a decision after your telephone assessment?

rach21
rach21 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
It sounded like it went well how long after is it u wait for decision please ? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there glad your assessment went OK there are no fixed timescales for decisions but the estimate is 8 weeks 

Let us know how you get on
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    After around 7 days you can request a copy of the report, which might give you an indication of the possible award, I say possible because it's down to the DWP DM.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• rach21
    Thank you for getting back to me  and will let you know xxxx
  • rach21
    I've received tx saying they received my report ive already left note on computer before hand asking for copy so they might sent it out already thanks again for maken time to reply to me  use are lovely genuine people on here thanks x
  • rach21
    edited June 2021
    Sorry Can I ask? even tho it went well doesn't mean anything does it ?  That I've been accepted and wat for ? .
    Kind regards ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rach21 - I'm pleased your assessment went well, but whilst we all hope you get the right outcome, not a lot can really be read into it going well.....just fingers crossed. :)
  • rach21
  • bart70
    bart70 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Did you request a copy of your report? That would give you a indication of how it went. I’m sat waiting too. Had the text saying they received my report on the 27th of May and a letter off then yesterday saying they have all the information they need!!! Talk about keeping you on edge lol 
  • mich2309
    mich2309 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Its been a week since my telephone assessment.  What number do I ring to get assessment report? Is it just the pip number? Many thanks 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    mich2309 said:
    Its been a week since my telephone assessment.  What number do I ring to get assessment report? Is it just the pip number? Many thanks 
    Yes, the number on your letter.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • bart70
    bart70 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Have you had the text off pip telling you they have received it? If not you need to wait till you get that text then ring them. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mich2309 - & welcome to the community. :)  To ask for a copy of the assessor's report you should ring the PIP enquiry line which is 0800 121 4433
  • mich2309
    mich2309 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    bart70 said:
    Have you had the text off pip telling you they have received it? If not you need to wait till you get that text then ring them. 
    Hi yes had text saying they received it. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.