Pip. Mandatory reconsideration. Should get the result next week — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip. Mandatory reconsideration. Should get the result next week

Bob44
Bob44 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, just a little update. I've been waiting 7 weeks for my MR and yesterday I received a phonecall saying it was being looked at today and was there anything I'd like to add.  Which I hadn't heard of before however I told them I'd had another increase in meds and at the end of the call they said to me "I can hear you struggle for breath" and I should get a letter with the result next week so ? digits crossed 

Comments

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Oh that's positive then! At least you know they are actually listening to you rather than just going with what was already there if you know what I mean? Hopefully you get a decision soon :smile: I am hoping I get a call from them at some point because I am worried I may not of explained things well enough in my letter etc! But that's me I do tend to judge myself negatively always have done!
    Anyhoo good luck @Bob44 (not that you should need luck!) & I hope you get some peace of mind soon! :smile: 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update and fingers crossed you get a new outcome 
  • Bob44
    Emilyb81 said:
    Oh that's positive then! At least you know they are actually listening to you rather than just going with what was already there if you know what I mean? Hopefully you get a decision soon :smile: I am hoping I get a call from them at some point because I am worried I may not of explained things well enough in my letter etc! But that's me I do tend to judge myself negatively always have done!
    Anyhoo good luck @Bob44 (not that you should need luck!) & I hope you get some peace of mind soon! :smile: 
    Thanks Emily I think its the system that makes us judge ourselves negatively. Stay strong 
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    edited June 2021
    True & thankyou @Bob44 I was just saying on another thread it's so strange how we are sort of programmed to think or judge ourselves negatively? I mean it is so much easier to find the bad rather than good? Not impossible but so much harder to think or believe the positive things? Need to change that somehow! Retrain my brain :smiley: have a fab day hun! And I hope you get good news soon! Hope we all do! :smile: 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hoping you get a positive outcome with your MR @Bob44 , & kindly let us all know, thank you. :)
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Good luck all - dont want to put a dampener on it but experience with our son for DLA was that they believe what they want to believe. If it doesn't work out, I'd urge you all to go to tribunal. We did years ago for our son, and they were aghast at how we'd been treated. Got it all backdated too.
  • 3PARKWAY3
    3PARKWAY3 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Hi, It took around 10 weeks before they got back to me on Mandatory Reconsideration. I managed to get L.C.W (Limited Capability for Work), as they could see by my evidence of my existing ASD and recent panic attacks. It pays to mention previous diagnosis by your GP.  If you decide to go to tribunal, they usually back down before it actually goes ahead, especially if you can provide new evidence to back your condition, like form a health proffessional etc. Good luck !
  • paulfoel
    Ours went all the way to tribunal. Took 2 years in the end....
  • 3PARKWAY3
    3PARKWAY3 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    I have just filled in my second for for P.I.P. If I will have to have a Health Assessment, I will definately need help from a family member as they are very traumatic. My M-R healt assessment for Universal Credit was the most difficult conversation I have ever had, as you must be Totally truthful, which can be very traumatic indeed.
  • Bob44
    Totally agree paul, 
    This is not my first rodeo and I'm not holding my breath this time.  :?
  • paulfoel
    Bob - I feel your pain....

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.