Hi, my name is adam_guest! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is adam_guest!

adam_guest
adam_guest Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2021 in Start here and say hello!
I’ve joined this forum to help people with autism how to cook. I’ll try my best to explain the recipes I cook in a simple step by step easy to understand way. 

So hello all and hope you’re ok ?.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

That sounds great are you going to include other members or just autistic members? 

If you post on the community all members will see the posts and could be interested as well 
  • adam_guest
    adam_guest Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi, nice to meet you.

To be honest, anybody’s welcome to read what I post and give their thoughts regardless of where they are in autistic spectrum, it was an idea I had as I myself have Asperger’s and I thought it would be good to help others and teach them what I’ve learnt. (And I enjoy cooking ?)

I’ll start slow for my own sake at first I.e how to cut an onion as I’m new to this sort of thing then when I get the hang of it, I’ll start on more detailed stuff l.e how to cook a chilli con carne.

I’ll post pictures of what I do as well and hopefully I can started as soon as tomorrow.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great look forward to see your posts 

I'm not autistic and quite an experienced cook but this will help others and great you are giving your time to help others 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @adam_guest

Welcome to the community, I'm glad you've joined us. 

It would be great to see your cooking tips on here, we always welcome content generated by our users. I look forward to seeing what you write :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @adam_guest - this sounds like a great idea. I enjoy cooking as well, so look forward to seeing your ideas. :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @adam_guest I'm looking forward to seeing your recipes! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness