I've sent my form in. What is the expected timeline? What reduction in council tax can I expect? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've sent my form in. What is the expected timeline? What reduction in council tax can I expect?

Options
beeman1200
beeman1200 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I sent my form in for Pip what is the timeline I should be expecting and what  reduction can I expect in council tax when I'm awarded Pip?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to answer your questions 

The whole process takes around 6 months there are backlogs and some people on here who applied in Dec are still waiting to even have an assessment 

CTR is set by your local council they all have their own criteria and rates so unable to answer that 

Good luck with your claim 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I sent my form in for Pip what is the timeline I should be expecting and what  reduction can I expect in council tax when I'm awarded Pip?
    Being awarded PIP will not, of itself, reduce your Council Tax. If you are claiming Council Tax Reduction then getting PIP might, depending on your circumstances and the local scheme rules, increase your CTR and thereby indirectly reduce your CT.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @beeman1200, hello and welcome to the community. Have you taken a self test on the benefits and work site to see how you would fair in getting PIP. Should you take a self test be brutally honest with your answers as when you fill in your application form any answers submitted will have to be justified at your assessment. When you fill in your application form give real examples of what happens or has happened when you try, attempt each of the PIP activities, descriptors. If you require additional room to complete your answers mark, each paper clearly with your name and national insurance number and the PIP question you are referring to. Lastly make a copy of the answers you submitted and when posting I know it’s an extra cost but recorded delivery is evidence that the DWP have received your application.
  • beeman1200
    beeman1200 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Options
    I've received my my text telling me that they have received my letter on the 28th of June

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    @beeman1200 it my area there is no reduction of council tax for claiming pip. I think it depends on the area. This was the response I received:

no discounts are currently available within this authority for the award of pip in relation to council tax.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.