Good news!! And a query — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Good news!! And a query

Charlieniblett
Charlieniblett Community member Posts: 54 Connected
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So good news, after a MR, my partner has gone from just standard daily, to enhanced on both!! Really surprised and relieved to get it sorted, my only query is regarding the backpay, I believe they have forgotten to add the enhanced part of the daily living, and have only paid the enhanced mobility. I may be wrong, but if someone can just check these figures before I ring on Monday, I’d really appreciate it?
Tagged:

Comments

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Rubbish at maths but just wanted say it's definitely not right but my heads hurting trying to add it up and I quit :lol: but brilliant news on your outcome! I'm starting to not feel quite so negative after seeing people do actually get decisions overturned at mr stage :star: 
  • Luna51
    Luna51 Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    It's £608 every 4 weeks for 6 months.. It's edging towards £4,000 I'd say (my maths is actually appalling!) 
    But it does mention in the letter "They may owe you some money"

I think they do!! ?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Luna51 said:
    It's £608 every 4 weeks for 6 months.. It's edging towards £4,000 I'd say (my maths is actually appalling!) 
    You haven’t deducted what was already in payment.

I think the original suggestion that they have forgotten to include the extra Daily Living amount is about right.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Luna51
    Did I mention my maths was appalling! ?
  • Charlieniblett
    My maths are as follows:
    Enhanced mobility £62.25 (x26 weeks) comes to £1618.50 so pretty close to the back payment received. However that tells me the enhanced daily is still owing £29.15 (x 26 weeks) which equates to about £757.
    I’m only guessing here though!!
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to take into account that some of this is at last years’s rates and some at this year’s rates but broadly what you have suggested seems a likely explanation.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Charlieniblett
    Thanks for the input @calcotti, I thought you’d be the person to know!!
  • Luna51
    edited June 2021
    Good grief.. I was way out with my calculations! 

I do apologise..
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank goodness I missed the maths  :D  

That's great news @Charlieniblett - thank you for sharing with us!  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.