What would you like to ask a Paralympian? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What would you like to ask a Paralympian?

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
edited June 2021 in Coffee lounge

The Paralympics will be taking place in Tokyo later this year (24 August - 5 September) and here's your opportunity to pose a question to a GB athlete!

Wheelchair athlete and man jogging on stadium circuit

I'm working on organising interviews with athletes who have, or will be, taking part in the Paralympics and need your help!  What question would you ask someone who has succeeded in taking part in the most elite global sports competition for disabled people? 

Would you want to know:
  • about training regimes
  • what inspired them
  • more about their impairment
  • what their favourite part of an English breakfast was... 
Or do you have something completely different itching away to be answered?

Drop your questions into the comments below and I'll be your Jeremy Paxman and ask (within reason  :D )

Thank you!
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    How did they get started in the sport they do, & why that particular one?
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    At your lowest ebb what drives you on?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    How have you managed with training over the last year with the lockdowns and such?
    Have you ever come across any prejudice towards the Paralympics from able bodied athletes?  
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Great questions, thank you  <3  Feel free to keep them coming! <makes notes>
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Just watched a pogramme last night on iplayer discussing the classification and how it needs to be changed. I never knew that much about it but it certainly open my eyes as to who they clasifying in particular group. Have they got any opinions about having the clasifications examined again and have they been told not to talk about it or they may loose their clasification?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Super questions here, this is a great opportunity.
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    I would like to ask if any Paralympian would feel comfortable competing against 'able bodied' contestants. Would it be fair? Would they require some kind of advantage, of sorts for instance.? Would it even be plausible? What would the Olympic committee say about it? How would they approach, and think about it?

Brightness