Hi, I'm jadegeorge! I have anxiety/depression and my PIP claim was unsuccessful. Struggling to cope. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm jadegeorge! I have anxiety/depression and my PIP claim was unsuccessful. Struggling to cope.

jadegeorge
jadegeorge Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I tired to claim pip for my anxiety depression and I was turned down because I didn’t meet the numbers I am taking 150 of sertailen tablets and I am struggling to cope with it 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome Sorry you didn't get pip did you appeal the decision ? 

Pip is about your ability to carty out the activities not really about your meds 

If you are struggling with you condition please speak to your gp 

Do you get any support for your anxiety other than the meds 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @jadegeorge and welcome to our community, I'm glad you found us.

I'm sorry your PIP claim was unsuccessful, I know it can be disheartening.  Have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration (MR)? Here's some information from Scope about how to pursue this, if you haven't already.  

In your claim, it's important to evidence how your mental health impacts your ability to carry out the PIP activities - for instance, using 2 or 3 examples from your daily life about what happened the last time you tried a particular activity, who was there, where you were and what the consequences were.  For both components, you need 8-11 points to be awarded standard rate, and 12+ for enhanced.  Make sure to identify where you believe you should have scored points and work on evidencing this in your appeal.  If you think that support from a welfare representative would help and alleviate the stress, then visit Advice Local to find an organisation close to where you live.  

I'm sorry this is impacting your mental health, and as @janer1967 mentioned - please do let your GP know so they are aware and can give you appropriate treatment.  Also, do you have support from loved ones or a local mental health team to deal with your anxiety/depression?  

If we can be of any more help, just give us a shout.  Just to let you know, I've tweaked the title of your thread and moved it to the PIP, DLA and AA category to help others spot it.  Good luck and please keep us updated.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.