Hi, I'm mar76! My PIP claim was unsuccessful, now my ESA is reduced. Have I lost the SDP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm mar76! My PIP claim was unsuccessful, now my ESA is reduced. Have I lost the SDP?

Options
mar76
mar76 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi all, so glad I’ve found you and have been looking through some of the topics. I was not awarded pip last Monday, have received esa today but it’s gone down from £390 to £262.  Is this due to them not giving me sdp I’m so confused why would they take that away?  I’ve done a mandatory reconsideration to pip last week also,

thank you all in advance x

Mar

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there and welcome 

Sorry you didn't get your pip

Did you used to get pip before this and it has been taken away? 

It will be sdp which has been stopped as you need to get pip to qualify for sdp 

Hopefully the mr will be successful if so you will need to contact dwp to have the sdp element reinstated 

• mar76
    Options
    Hi Jane 
    thank you for your response.  I was getting dla and then applied for pip.
    I’m hoping it will be reinstated back to me ??
    I’m glad I now know just gonna sit tight.
  • janer1967
    Options
    It must be a big impact on you losing both 

The success rate at Mr is quite low majority are same outcome but there are some success stories 

Did you get any advice or help with your Mr 

Have a look through pip section for tips on Mr there are lots 

You can send in additional stuff if you think you need to 

You should take 3ach descriptor you think you should have scored more points and give 2 real examples of what happened when you tried to do the task 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mar76 and a warm welcome to our community.  I'm glad you found us too  :)  How are you today?

I'm sorry to hear your PIP claim wasn't successful and I hope the MR goes in your favour.  As @janer1967 mentioned, it sounds like due to not receiving PIP anymore - a SDP qualifying benefit - your ESA has been reduced.  

If you need any help with completing your MR please let us know.  Also, to access free independent welfare advice close to where you live, you can visit Advice Local.

Just to let you know, I've amended your thread title to help others see what it's about and moved it to our ESA category.  Good luck and please keep us posted with how you get on.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • mar76
    Options
    hi Jane and Cher thank you both so much for your help.  I’m trying not to worry too much because it will stress me out no end ?.
    yes, definitely not getting sdp is so frustrating and being denied pip but I live in hope pip decision will be overturned 

thank you ladies and thank you so much Cher for changing my category :) 
  • janer1967
    Options
    Your welcome 
    Best way don't think about it 

Keep us updated when you get a decision 
  • mar76
    Options
    I will Jane definitely keep you informed, thank you once again 

x
  • mar76
    Options
    I will Jane definitely keep you informed, thank you once again 

x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.