Just had my WCA and it was pretty short and not many questions asked? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just had my WCA and it was pretty short and not many questions asked?

Options
Mayzi103
Mayzi103 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello friday i finally had my WCA for UC but it only lasted 15 minutes and he said he only had to go into my mental problems and depression and didnt really ask much... I'm kinda worried because they also called early and tried to put me on the spot and give me the WCA 2 hours early but i explained its impossible as i was stressed and prepared for later... Anyways is it normal for it to only last 15 ish mins and them not go into every problem? they asked nothing of my IBS or Migraines, i have the crisis team dealing with me atm and i have been sectioned before and he pretty much just asked about my suicidal thoughts and if i leave the house etc so im worried theyll just shove me in the LCW bracket as they didn't go into even half my problems..

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

There is no normal time length for assessments 

It could be they had enough info and evidence about your conditions they didn't need to ask many questions 

Unfortunately nobody cab predict the outcome bit try not to get anxious about it as it could take a while for a decision 

Let us know how you get on 
  • Mayzi103
    edited June 2021
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

There is no normal time length for assessments 

It could be they had enough info and evidence about your conditions they didn't need to ask many questions 

Unfortunately nobody cab predict the outcome bit try not to get anxious about it as it could take a while for a decision 

Let us know how you get on 

Yeah he did say they had enoug info from everything i sent, diaries etc i was just prepared to go in depth about my struggles and we didnt go over anything really, thank you I'll try not to stress.
  • janer1967
    Options
    Let us know the outcome 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

Fingers crossed you get a positive outcome @Mayzi103 and do let us know how you get on. 

As mentioned above there is no set time for the WCAAs, so I wouldn't read into the length of it too much. 

I have sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk, just to ask you some questions about the support you receive for your mental health, and if there's anything we can do :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Mayzi103
    Options
    I got my result today and it was Limited capability for work and work related activity, I;m happy but it caused me a lot of stress and i urge anyone going through this to get support.. i had the crisis team supporting me and i think that helped a lot with the assesment also.
  • janer1967
    Options
    Great news and thanks for sharing 

You had a really quick decision 
  • tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    Options
    Hi, how long is it since you posted the form?
    Curious of total length to sort out.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.