Told during MR call that I'd get standard for daily and mobility. Award letter says only mobility? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Told during MR call that I'd get standard for daily and mobility. Award letter says only mobility?

Steve_1908
Steve_1908 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
During my telephone mandatory reconsideration call, i was told i would receive standard allowance for both daily and mobility. Just received my letter this morning that says i will be getting only mobility and scored 7 points on daily living. What can i do about that?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    You can try ringing to ask about it but i don't think anything said on the phone is binding. If you think the award is incorrect you can appeal to the tribunal service.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    I would think you need to phone them back to find out why you were told different on the phone call? Might be a mistake? I haven't seen this before on here but I am quite new so others may of :smile: good luck hun ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Is this the new decision after Mr 

If so all you can do is take it to tribunal 

Never the right way to do mr by phone your best chance us by writing giving full reasons on descriptors you think you should score more points 

I would suggest you get some expert advice from welfare rights 
  • Steve_1908
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

Never the right way to do mr by phone your best chance us by writing giving full reasons on descriptors you think you should score more points 

who would i need to write to to give reasons? find it strange that lady explained over the phone i was due daily living and mobility, said she could see from ESA meetings that i fitted the criteria for both. Again i dont need this distress with my current state of mind  
  • Steve_1908
    Also i would appeal but a huge problem for me is being around other people so being out my comfort zone feel i would do something i regret to get out of the situation
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    If you ring PIP you speak to a call handler, they can’t make decisions on your entitlement. So if you believe your award is wrong it needs to go through a second decision maker. You would not get a revised decision over the telephone by a call handler. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It is

important to put mr in writing as over the phone you ate relying on the call handler noting down everything you say and also in writing it gives you time to think about what you are putting and checking you have covered everything 

I'm only trying to advise to give you best chance 8f success but its a bit late now 

Tribunals are still being done over phone rather than f2f 

As Mark suggests the person you spoke to about your Mr isn't the person who makes the decision and they shouldn't have sa7d anything about what you would be awarded 

I think this is why there is the confusion 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

who would i need to write to to give reasons? find it strange that lady explained over the phone i was due daily living and mobility, said she could see from ESA meetings that i fitted the criteria for both. Again i dont need this distress with my current state of mind  
    If you've had an MR decision (Mandatory Reconsideration Notice) then it's too late to put the MR in writing. May still be worth ringing to query why you were told one thing but the Notice says another.

If you wish to appeal
    https://www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit-decision/submit-appeal
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Steve_1908
    thanks everyone for your replies. i have appealed via gov.uk, i feel like they didnt understand the severity of my answer with engaging with others. So now being able to of wrote it down in the appeal i feel much happier i have been able to properly express how it is. Will the DWP get back in touch or will it be through message with PIP Appeals. Had message telling me appeal has be lodged and given ref number

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.