Hi, I'm gemd! I've been placed in the LCW group - will I get back pay? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm gemd! I've been placed in the LCW group - will I get back pay?

gemd
gemd Community member Posts: 21 Connected
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi. I was tes done advice from anyone that can help..
I completed a uc50 back in feb2020 and I have only had my WCA this year in May 2021 and have received a letter to say they have decided I have LCW. They have said that I have been awarded from feb 2020. Does this mean it will be backdated from then. Anyone know what the amount would be?
thanks
Gem
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

If you have been awarded lcw there is no additional payment so no back pay due 

You only get additional amount if awarded lcwra 

Lcw just means you only have to prepare to look for work and your work coach will be in touch to set any work related commitments 
  • gemd
    Thank you so much for your reply. They have said I do not need to look for work in my letter. It’s so confusing.  And My award will be from 12th Feb 2020 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    That's fine but as above unless it is lcwra you have been awarded there is no payment lcw just means you don't have to look for work just prepare 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gemd and a warm welcome to our online community!  How are you today?

As advised, if you have been placed in the Limited Capability for Work (LCW) group, you wouldn't be entitled to any payment as the LCW element of UC was abolished in 2017 - See Entitled.to's Universal Credit LCW webpage for more information.  

Are you doubly sure the letter doesn't say Limited Capability for Work Related Activity (LCWRA)?  

Please let us know if you have any more questions.  And in the meantime, I've moved your post to our Universal Credit category and slightly tweaked the title to help others spot it :)  Take care.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • gemd
  • gemd
    Hello , this is what I was sent, in my award letter it’s says if Payment will show in statements when they happen. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    As janer and Cher say, there is no additional money for Limited Capability for Work.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • gemd
    Thank you for your input everyone. Really appreciate it. 
  • gypsyjean
    gypsyjean Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Wat happens if u on lcw them get awarded lcwa do u get a backpayment
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    gypsyjean said:
    Wat happens if u on lcw them get awarded lcwa do u get a backpayment
    That will depend on whether you reported changes to UC which prompted them to start a review. Or whether it was a review started by UC. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gypsyjean
    Not sure wat u mean they sent me form so I filled it in 
  • gypsyjean
    Itvwas a review by uc
  • poppy123456
    gypsyjean said:
    Itvwas a review by uc
    Then it will be from the assessment period in which the decision was made. No money is owed.

There would only be money owed if you reported changes to your health condition, which would have prompted them to refer you for another work capability assessment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • gypsyjean
    My form they sent me I added new conditions in there wat I not had before
  • poppy123456
    gypsyjean said:
    My form they sent me I added new conditions in there wat I not had before
    That doesn’t mean any difference. The advice I gave above still applies. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.