PIP renewal form only just arrived! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP renewal form only just arrived!

Options
Catrina121
Catrina121 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi ive only just received a text message about my pop renewal approximately a week ago the form only arrived today in the post and says has to be in by the 7th February what will happen to my pip as there is no way this will be put through the systems by this date even when I post it first thing Monday I'm in a panic as it is affecting my health with the stress now 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,996 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

Ring DWP first thing Monday morning and ask for an extension for the date the form has to be returned. They will give you an extra 14 days.

When filling out the form you should put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Send relevant evidence with the form because they rarely contact anyone for this. The onus is on you to make sure it's sent.

Expect another face to face assessment because most people have them.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Catrina121 and a very warm welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear the form is causing you so much stress.

How are you doing today?

Please do let us know if there is anything we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• Trace12
    Trace12 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi there, I have received a pip renewal form, I started to fill it in and messed it up, I have phoned the DWP and asked them to send me a new form out, The stress of filling it in is over whelming, I feel your pain  :(
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Trace12

Sorry you have had to get another form 

A little tip use the old form yo asd7st you to write your answers out on blank paper then all you have to do is transfer this to new form when it comes 

I always write things out first  before using the form 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.