Stretchy skin? Feeling down and sad — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stretchy skin? Feeling down and sad

Options
kasiaax
kasiaax Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2021 in Coffee lounge
Hello everyone
I'm 22 and noticing my skin is getting stretchier, especially around my face. I was wondering if anyone has a similar experience. I feel very alone with it and I'm very sad if it continues getting worse as I'm only young, it is making me feel really ugly. 

Edit: where is the right place to talk about this? Thank you!

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Sorry you are feeling down about your skin have you spoken to your gp about it 

You can talk about it anywhere on here 

There are maybe some skin creams you can try to help I'm no expert try boots or a chemist to ask 
  • kasiaax
    kasiaax Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi Janer1967, thank you so much for your reply.
    I haven't spoke to my GP about it as of yet

I could definitely try a chemist for something for the time being thank you

It's just affecting my very negatively:( I always think about what I will look like in the future and about finding a partner potentially in the future and if people will judge me 
    It sucks to see everyone around me have such firm nice skin especially because we're young 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would think there would be some good solutions out there for you so try to think positive about it 

Some beauticians may also offer help or places that do facials 

Good luck 
  • trio
    trio Community member Posts: 27 Listener
    Options
    Hi Im sorry you are feeling down ,look on line for facial exercises that can help also a good beauty routine would make you feel better too i cleanse and tone and moistarise daily s i have lines and dry skin , no one is perfect belive me good luck 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kasiaax :) Welcome to the community.

I'm also sorry to hear that your skin is getting you down. Your skin is bound to change over time, but if it's something you're worried about I definitely agree it could be worth visiting the chemist to see what they say. Do you have a skincare routine at the moment? I'm a similar age to you, and I've definitely noticed my skin changing in the past few years. 

On the dating note, try not to worry too much about that. I know it's easy to wonder about whether potential partners will be bothered by various things, but something I find useful to bear in mind is: if someone I'm interested in dating is bothered by this thing, are they really someone I want to go out with? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness