WCA “not needed” after 19month wait. Confused. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WCA “not needed” after 19month wait. Confused.

Options
pastelrainbow
pastelrainbow Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello! Please could anybody advise? I completed a Work Capability Health form in Oct 2019 as well as PIP. Due to severe mental impairment and terminal illness meant I was too poorly to keep my 12 year career in the NHS. 
I was awarded PIP both enhanced elements shortly after. However, still nothing about WCA. My Dr provided an 18month fit note. I assumed due to covid then starting it was delayed further so have been patient. Provided another year long fit note recently and was advised to chase for a second time. I was still on the waiting list and the lovely lady agreed it’s significantly long to wait. 
Yesterday I received a letter with a phone WCA and today a letter cancelling this. I called to double check it was cancelled and if re-booked/why, and the Advisor said the evidence and reports from Medical Professionals received are enough to make a decision. 
What does this mean please? I understand how busy they are so have been patient I don’t want to bother them by calling again to ask what exactly that entails. 
Many thanks x Have a Happy Day x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

This means they are doing a paper based assessment as they have enough to make a decision 

This does happen at times so don't worry about if 
  • pastelrainbow
    Options
    Hi thank you for replying! I see, I wasn’t sure if it was something that happens and due to the what I now know to be a mighty long wait I thought perhaps they’d just removed me or something. :) 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your wait has been long probably kept getting pushed to bottom of pile 

Hopefully not long now for a decision and if awarded you will get a nice arrears payment 

Let us know how you get on 
  • pastelrainbow
    Options
    I will keep informed thank you x
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @pastelrainbow - & welcome to the community. Whilst I hope this is not the case, you mention having a terminal illness. Perhaps if you hadn't reported this, it has picked up on recently, which may be why your WCA was cancelled. There's some info here if you scroll down: https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/changes-of-circumstances
    This may be why you were told the medical evidence is enough to make a decision. As Jane says, please do kindly let us now how you get on, thank you. :)
  • pastelrainbow
    Options
    Good afternoon both  :) I received my decision letter today which is 20 months to the day. I’ve been placed in LCWRA category. I’m not sure about any back pay it was only a general letter, but I’m assuming they will contact me in due course about that if any? 
    Thank you again for your support. 
    Have a happy day x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.