Neighbour blocks my disabled car parking spot, what can I do? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Neighbour blocks my disabled car parking spot, what can I do?

Options
abc_def
abc_def Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2021 in Transport and travel
This discussion was created from comments split from: Dropped Kerbs for Mobilty Vehicle Access.
Tagged:

Comments

• abc_def
    abc_def Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Good morning I have disabled parking out side my housevbut dosnt stop my neighbour park is car over my drive has he being very clever because he parked right up to the disabled bay but make sure his front tyres not over the line so he allowed to still block my drive. 
  • craftyarts
    craftyarts Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    You can still take photographs with his number plate and document the times he does this and once again inform your local council of his anti social behaviour as well as violation of encroaching your designated parking bay to the Parking enforcement office 
  • newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    Options
    Craftyarts has made a good suggestion.  I'm sure he can't block you in simply by keeping his wheels off the space. A neighbour got a parking ticket for overhanging a parking space.  The wheels were not over it.   It's common sense you count where the car ends, not where the wheels are.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @abc_def and welcome to our community,

I've split your question into it's own thread so we can keep all replies and help in this one spot :) 

What do you think to the suggestions made?  Would you feel comfortable talking about it with your neighbour and explaining the difficulties their parking can present?  I know it's not an easy conversation to have but they might be unaware and react with some understanding.  

I hope you get the issue resolved soon and if you have any more questions, you know where we are.  Take care.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness