Education during the Coronavirus pandemic and having a disability/medical condition — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Education during the Coronavirus pandemic and having a disability/medical condition

Options
RacheleLeahSilvera
RacheleLeahSilvera Scope Member Posts: 77 Courageous
edited June 2021 in Education
I'm a student myself so have had to make many changes over the past 2 years in education and would love hear from others who have been impacted in a similar way and your experience. 

Feel free to comment below. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @RacheleLeahSilvera

I left university last year and my final term was heavily disrupted by covid-19.  Staff were under a lot of pressure to deliver online courses at quick turnaround, and on the most part I think they did a good job.  However, there were some weaknesses such as a lack of contact on particular courses and lectures cancelled last minute with signposting to reading instead, so this meant I felt particularly isolated.  How have you been coping?  What are you currently studying?  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Interesting topic 

My son is school age during first lovkdown his home schooling had no structure 

All He got was sent slides to read on topics he had already covered,  no contact , no checking to make sure anything work was being done , no work to submit , the work he was given took him at most 1 hour a day 

Very hard to keep him motivated and lots of his class mates were doing nothing 

Luckily 2nd lockdown came actual virtual classes that followed normal daily timetable were interactive and work submitted and attendance monitored 

He missed out on nearly half year of any meaningful education 

I did buy some books appropriate for his year and we worked through them 

Brightness