Waiting for the storm and rain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for the storm and rain

Sandy_123
Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,796 Disability Gamechanger
Anyone else feeling the heat? there is no air, got windows wide open, hair tied up. Really can't wait for the ? thunder storm that's forcast. 

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I am hot lol ? back to Wales tomorrow hope it only rains and no thunder and lightning  lol 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Rain and clear air here but no frightening lightning ⛈ ...yet

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    I really want the storm to start, it feels like no air in the atmosphere 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    On the news they were saying how a lot of accommodation is too hot even on cool days in December. We lived in a house like,that once, it was unbearable in the summer due to being over insulated. My present house is pretty cool in the summer and doesn’t take long to,heat in the winter so is just right really. 

When I was a kid we had draughts everywhere, lovely quite honestly! Healthier too I reckon.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    My house bricks hold the heat, but I have a cold house in winter . I've just walked down the garden and a breeze is  starting to come, 
  • Sandy_123
    @lisathomas50 what time you heading back 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Sandy_123 in the morning around 11am after I took mum to day center she doesnt want me to go so its going to be upsetting and hard x
  • Lisatho11987777
    My mums house is normaly cold but it's  so hot now hopefuly my own house will be cooler 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    My bungalow gets really hot too can feel it as you come in 

Had Windows wide open and fan on but no breeze outside 

Supposes to be a bit cooler here tomorrow
    Doesn't help I can't open windows myself so have to wait till toby gets in from school  
  • Lisatho11987777
    I just hope there is no thunder and lightning whilst driving back to Wales  when I drove to mums the heat was awful it was 29 degrees outside I did put the roof down but had to put it back up that was worse lol so just opend all the car windows 
  • Sandy_123
    Thankfully it cooled in the night, with a breeze, rain early hours, no storm yet. 

Brightness