Have been told it'll take 10/11 months from applying to decision. I think this is disgusting — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have been told it'll take 10/11 months from applying to decision. I think this is disgusting

Options
mandy16
mandy16 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just telephoned the pip helpline as its 4 months since I applied. They informed me that my papers went over to the assessment team on 25th May 2021 and currently they are working on assessments they received in January 2921 so in  about 4months times I should receive my letter for an assessment interview. In total she thinks it's about 10/11 months from applying to decision. Personally I think this is disgusting 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Unfortunately that’s the way it works and obviously covid has not helped. You will eventually get a date for an assessment. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mandy16 and a warm welcome to our community.

I understand your frustration as it's been echoed by a lot of our other members during the last year.  Unfortunately, the pandemic has increased pressures on the system, with changes to ways of working, staff illness, etc.  I appreciate this is no consolation but you definitely aren't alone.  How are you coping money wise at the moment?  Have you used a Benefits calculator to check that you're getting everything you're entitled to?

I hope you are keeping well.  Take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.