Hi, I'm 9tl4b! Filling in my PIP review form is making me anxious. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm 9tl4b! Filling in my PIP review form is making me anxious.

9tl4b
9tl4b Community member Posts: 26 Connected
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• 9tl4b
    iam shy so ont no what to ay
  • 9tl4b
    just want to say hello
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Feel free to have a look around and join in everyone 7s really friendly here 

Maybe tell 7s a bit about yourself 
  • 9tl4b
    hello iam a bit shy but may be being on here might help me
  • 9tl4b
    iam in the progress of fil in my pip reveiw form and my anxities are goin sky high i feel even with help i dont think i can do it 
  • 9tl4b
    its more important for me to continue gettin it as iam 65 in sept when it stop iam going out of mind with worry and carnt sleep sorry for such a miserable reply 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @9tl4b and welcome to our community.  No need to apologise, you don't come across as miserable and we understand how stressful the PIP process can be.  Are you getting help with your anxiety and sleep?

You need to treat the review form like it's a new claim and put in as much detail as you can about how your impairments affect your ability to do the PIP activities.  You can familiarise yourself with the PIP activities and descriptors at this Citizens Advice webpage.  Whilst, also make sure to think about, and cover, any activities that you can't undertake reliably; that is safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly and in reasonable time.

I know it's tempting to write one sentence like, "I can't prepare food" but the assessor doesn't have prior insight into how your impairment personally affects you so take your time and be sure to provide description and maybe 2 or 3 examples where possible for each activity i.e. what happened the last time you tried it, who was there, where you were and what happened.     

If you need extra time to fill in and return the form, don't panic.  You can request this by ringing the PIP enquiry line on - 
    Telephone: 0800 121 4433 Textphone: 0800 121 4493.

Does that help?  If you have any more questions, please fire away.  Also, as not to confuse you, I've amended the title of your thread and moved it to our PIP, DLA and AA category for others to spot it easier :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • craftyarts
    craftyarts Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Good morning 9tl4b 
    I understand how intimidating filling in forms can be . Contact Age UK who can advice you where their local advice centre is and make a appointment with them saying you need someone who can help you complete your forms out . I have always found them extremely helpful . 
    If there is not one local to your area Citizens advice are your next port of call or other disability support groups maybe able to help you 
    Ok the first thing you need to do is get a piece of paper and write everything that affects your every day living before you see the Age UK adviser or where ever you are going to get them to fill the form out based on your responses.
    Be truthful how your disability physical ,psychologically or with educational needs affect your everyday tasks , stress is also included now . Also take every hospital letter with you this includes appointments and diagnosis reports so this can also be included in your application .
    I promise you all will be well and your application if successful which I see no reason why it would not be will be backdated from when you applied for the benefit or possibly up to 6 months before that if your condition was active then .
    I know how intimidating it seems and it feels your being judged . Look at it that they are trying to help you and going through this process is a necessary part of achieving a means to a positive end .
    I wish you every success 
  • 9tl4b
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    ..will be backdated from when you applied for the benefit or possibly up to 6 months before that if your condition was active then .
    If successful it will be paid from the date the claim was started. PIP cannot be backdated.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • craftyarts
    craftyarts Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    I do apologise for the wrong bit of information regarding 6 months before your claim date ...this is a historical thing I seem to remember and I do apologise for building your hopes up ! 
    Another point you can’t sit on the claim because you will be given dates by which the information needs to be sent back .  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.