Joint to sole claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Joint to sole claim

Options
kaymcmanus210180
kaymcmanus210180 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
good afternoon after a traumatic year and a half my husband and I have made the joint decision to split up. Due to finances and the metnal and physical well-being of our daughter we are currently having to reside in the same property. 

He works 7 14 hour days so is hardly at home every other week. 

I was awarded LCWRA in January of this year backdated to April 2019 after a successful appeal. We have ended the joint claim of our universal credit and I have made a single application today. Does my LCWRA element get moved to my claim or will this need to be applied for again. I was awarded it and advised no reassessment for 2 years. Would I also be entitled to council tax support for my half of the council tax. I am also waiting for a decision  on My PIP claim made in January and still haven’t had assembly 22 weeks after they received my form. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    You will retain the LCWRA element.

There are long delays in the PIP system at the moment. It appears some people have been waiting 6 months for assessments.

it is certainly worth applying to your council for CTR (if your name is on the CT bill).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • kaymcmanus210180
    kaymcmanus210180 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Thank you. Do you know what will happen to the deductions that were coming off the joint claim. There is an overpayment where they tried to take my ex to court for benefit fraud but he was found not guilty. At the time the magistrate said they were not allowed to chase me for the overpayment. On the joint claim they were taking back deductions for this will they make an arrangement with him or still try to take the overpayment from my sole claim?  Thanks again 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t know how that will be treated. Logically you should not be chased for any part of it but, as you know, logic is sometimes in short supply.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.