Mandatory reconsideration. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration.

ali2021
ali2021 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
Hi , so I got my pip assessment back and basically scored 4 points ?the paper work stated things that I had said (which I hadn’t ) and things that I had been asked (which I wasn’t ) i was wondering what should I do next?! Is it worth trying to fight ? Is it my word against there’s ? Is mandatory reconsideration hard to do ? I’m loosing my patience with it all and haven’t really got the fight in me anymore ?it’s been going on since January, sorry to rant but I just need some opinions from people who are clued up xx

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

If you do mr it isn't advisable to go down the route if your word against there's 

What you need to do is pur the report out of your head and concentrate on presenting your own case 

For the descriptors you think you should score give 2 real examples of what happened when you tried to do the task 

Put your Mr in writing 

Success rate is quite low but better at tribunal 
  • ali2021
    @janer1967 thank you for the information , could you tell me what I do next ? Is there forms to fill out ? Do I contact them ? Do I just write a letter ? Do they reassess me ? Sorry for all the questions,
  • janer1967
    Hi 

There is a form you can use on the gov website or there are links to it on here I just don't have it but will tag in someone who does @chiarieds do you have link to form 

No you don't get reassessed all your claim with your Mr go to another decision maker and they make a decision 

Just sending in mr is enough put your ni number on and ensure if you do letter ensure you put it is a mr 

If you call they often lodge it over phone and then it is the call handler that inputs what you say 

So it's better to do it in your own words 

You might be better off getting some expert advice from welfare rights or put in Google advice local for places near you who offer help
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • ali2021
    thanks so much , I will get someone to help me , the citizens advice were great last time I just didn’t know if it would save time me trying to do it myself , thank you.
  • janer1967
    See link above from cakcotti for the form 

Up to you if you feel you can do it yourself 

Have a look in pip section on here for further advice
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ali2021 -  as mentioned in the link calcotti gave, here's the link to the Mandatory Reconsideration form: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/683380/if-you-disagree-with-a-decision-made-by-dwp.PDF   or simply write a letter, giving those all important real life examples of why, what, when, who witnessed it, how did it feel you leaving afterwards, if that applies, for attempting/doing each applicable activity/descriptor. Please look at the following link about these PIP activities/descriptors: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Personal-Independence-Payment-Descriptors-and-Scores-April-2021.pdf   reading the notes at the end which cover the concept of 'reliability.' i.e. can you do an activity safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly, so as often as it would be reasonable to expect, & in a reasonable period of time? These are things to consider discussing with Citizens Advice if using their help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @ali2021

I hope the above information has been helpful, and I wish you the very best with your MR. 

This seems to have had an impact on your mental health, which I'm sorry to hear. It's understandable though, it has been a long process as you stated in your first comment. Do you receive any support, or have any techniques in place, to manage your mental health?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • ali2021
    @Ross_Scope hi , thank you for your info, yes this has affected my mental health at the moment, I struggle with GAD, depression and OCD I’m finding it all very hard. At the moment I have help in place and therapy etc, thank you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.