Hi my name fiona — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my name fiona

Options
Fiona39
Fiona39 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi im fiona im new to this site.
 Im a carer to my 10 year old son who has autism anxiety and ocd. Im hoping to get some advice as my son going through a bad time with his ocd. His is anxiety was high but thats fine so far but his ocd is very high. He keeps asking for wipes so he can wipe is arms and hands. He asks if there no germs we keep saying no but he still keeps asking every 5 mins. Then when we finally get him settled 20 mins later he back to it. Also if me or his dad comes in from the back garden he shouts have you washed your hands or if we have gone into the passage or come in from  the front garden he says wash your hands. 
Im also having problems of getting my son to play in the garden as miss all this with my son. He usto not go into shops but we have finally sorted that one he helps with food shopping he picks the food up and puts it in the trolly so we can tick that off the list. But for not going in the garden i really im struggling. Any advice or help would be great. 
We usto bake in the kitchen he wont go in the kitchen only on xmas day as he knows he can juat go atraight in the shower. This is another problem he has to have showers as well. When he gets up he has a shower then we go out he has to have a shower when he gets back and then a one before his bed. But if we dont go out he has one shower on a morning and one before he goes to bed. But he wont go to the toilet till he has to go to bed as he thinks he got to have a shower everytime he goes to the toilet. But we have said you dont need to go in shower but he gets all up set and angry. 
I miss baking with my son and miss been in the garden with him. We so have a dog which my son loves and my dog loved him going in garden and she missing that to. 
Any help advice would be greatful. 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Fiona39 and welcome to the community, how are you? 

I'm sorry to hear that you're finding things difficult at the minute, you've done the right thing in asking for help. I would suggest speaking with your son's GP or health professional, they might be able to advise? Is that something you've considered?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Fiona39
    Fiona39 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi ive emailed my sons doctor at the hospital as he discharged my son last year and said if you need to get help just contact me im still waiting for a reply back hopefully soon.  
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes hopefully you hear back from them soon @Fiona39, it would be good to get some advice from them I imagine.

Have you ever explored the possibility of getting help with caring for your son?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness