Advice needed on housing and rent arrears - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice needed on housing and rent arrears

13»

Comments

• hass
    hass Community member Posts: 194 Courageous
    Hi Thank you 
    This is beyond victim support 
    I've  endured this since 2006 
    Therfore its obviously the land lord  is not going to  get rid of these venomous people. 

I've had my arrears reinstated by ho using benifit   by an organisation   .
    Housing benifit are aware that I'm away due to fear of violience  
    Thrse neighbours are venomous  and sad they have nothing going on in there life and pray on women  instead 

I know need a competent sociolotor  as the one I have is  not helping me at all and I had to tell her that i qualify for the 52 week  housing benifit rule  if claimant is at risk of violience. 
    Violience with respect does not  mean physical  its can be other types intimation etc

• hass
    Lady L pls don't put yourself down 
    Your amazing .
    I do t feel grace the whole system has let me down  .
    Had I had better support in becoming  
    I would nt be in this situation .
    It's taken yrs of my life   im know left in  a rubbish bin worthless  nothing to show for my self  socially excluded in all areas of society.

• hass
     I would urge anyone in housing situation 
    To read this 
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/26/demand-for-action-on-racial-harassment-in-social-housing

https://anthonygold.co.uk/people/debra-wilson/

Essentially anyone who moves in social housing  or does an exchange and  asks  housing department of any anti social behaviour landlords have to disclose it 

My case is similar 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @hass and thanks for the update, I'm sorry to hear that things still aren't great for you, is there anything that we can do to support you? 

I appreciate it's something we've spoken about in the past, but we're always keen to make sure we're helping you as much as we possibly can, and if not we're always happy to explore potential avenues that you could go down. You are always welcome to refer to our previous emails, or contact us on community@scope.org.uk if you fancy a chat. 

On this community you will never be considered worthless, and I'm sorry that the actions of others have caused you to feel that way. Do you have the support of any friends or other loved ones at this time? And do you have any hobbies or interests that are helping you to feel better and relax for a bit?

You can find some helpful coping techniques here from Mind, and if you want to speak with anybody you can give our helpline a call, that might help you feel a bit less socially isolated.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hass :) Have you been able to give Ross' comment a read? How have things been recently? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness