Hi, my name is Jayney63! PIP waiting times — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jayney63! PIP waiting times

Options
Jayney63
Jayney63 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi please help. I applied for PIP on the 15th Feb 2021, and I have had no response,  How mush longer do I have to wait legally. My depression has now got to breaking point, can anyone advise ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry but there arw huge delays with assessments currently 

Some members who applied in Dec are still waiting 

Depends on area and how far behind they are 

One member today said after calling they had been told to expect the whole process to take 10 to 11 months from start to finish 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jayney63 - & welcome to the community. Sadly there is no question as to how long you have to wait legally (& it's not a legal requirement to have an assessment in a certain period of time), rather the pandemic has caused delays due to staff shortages, etc, so it's all taking a rather long time unfortunately. I'm sorry this has worsened your depression & present circumstances don't make this easier, but all you can do is wait.
  • Jayney63
    Options
    Thankyou so much for your feedback, i was starting to feel I was the only one. Much appreciated 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Jayney63 and welcome to the community, I hope the above advice has been helpful.

I'm sorry to read that your depression is now at breaking point. Can I ask, is your mental health something you receive support to manage? Is your GP aware of how you feel? 

You can find some useful coping techniques here from Mind, and I would advise doing something you enjoy to try and help take your mind off the benefit situation and to ease some of your concerns :) Do you have any hobbies or interests that would help with that?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Jayney63
    Options
    Hi Ross, My mental Health is managed by anti depressants, the health profession is very aware of my mental health, but sadly these are covid times for all. My Physical health is quite poor now and unable to do most tasks. But I try to remain upbeat for the most part, Finances are at breaking point so that just adds to the depression. I realise that many people are in the same boat unfortunatley.  My problem is this, I know of many people tghat had to go on various benefits when the pandemic hit, And yet ESA Universal credits ETC.. all paid out very quickly it was amazing to see,,, and yet the only benefit that has done nothing really is the only benefit that has outside parties i,e ASOS now changed to whatever still the same... Why is this i wonder and the very sad thing is this benefit is a dissability and mobilty benefit. people need this to survive.. It beggers belief to me and something seriously needs to be done. Sorry rant over and thank you for your reply

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi @Jayney63

How have you been? Is everything okay? Heard anything more from PIP?

Do you receive any support from friends or loved ones for daily tasks and your financial situation? It sounds really difficult. And are you receiving all the benefits you are entitled to?

Take care.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • xjamesx
    xjamesx Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Options
    Hi @Jayney63 I applied for pip back on 18th January and still haven't heard anything myself
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are sadly some very long delays, they had a record number of applications in the last 3 months, around 170,000 plus 26,000 renewals.
    Ten months from start to end seems to be more than usual.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi I just wanted to ask did you at least get a text or something saying they have received your claim form? :smile: 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.