PIP REPORT JUST CONFUSED NOW !! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP REPORT JUST CONFUSED NOW !!

em444
em444 Community member Posts: 103 Connected
Hi Everyone 
Hope you're all keeping safe and well 
I've just added a recent bit of information, as recently, I asked for advice, on my PIP Report.
My support worker, has just looked at the last page, and said, it looks like there Is no claim. So I've gone from someone saying, I've been recommended for an award, to no claim. Im so confused ? 
Please help, I have GAD, and very anxious.
Thanks Em

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hu there 

You need to add up the points by using the dots entered by the descriptors 

But remember the report is only recommendations and not the decision 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    By 'no claim' I assume you mean ' no award'. The report is a piece of evidence used by the decision maker. You will not know whether or not you have an award until you get the decision letter.

I do not favour getting the report for this very reason - in my opinion it frequently causes additional stress rather than just waiting for the decision.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    Hi @em444. When I saw your post yesterday, you said descriptor A had been ticked. Mine were also like this, which meant they were saying I was able to do the activity. Did you have any ticks/ dots next to any descriptors?
  • em444
    em444 Community member Posts: 103 Connected
    Hi Leigh14
    Thanks for your message ? 
    She's ticked all Descriptors A
    There's no Dots, just Ticks. Everything we discussed, she has said the opposite. I just don't understand why she's ticked all A, and then no review date, but said no review would be appropriate, due to current level of functional restrictions  ? So confusing ? 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @em444

How did your CBT appointment go?  I hope it was useful :)

As @calcotti mentioned, unfortunately none of us can reliably advise what the outcome of your PIP assessment will be as the report is only part of the process and a recommendation made to the decision maker.  I know it's hard when you have pre-existing anxiety, but I'd find the best thing to do would be to put the report to one side until the decision letter arrives.  At that point, you'll have something solid to work on, and we can advise you of the best ways to approach a mandatory reconsideration (MR) if it comes to that.  

Is there anything you can distract yourself with to make it easier?  Why not give yourself a pamper night or watch a box-set for a good escape from all things PIP!

Take care and speak soon.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    Hi @em444. I found it all confusing too, so rest assured you’re not the only one. Wait until you receive the DM report, and if necessary, decide where you go from that.
    There is no point in dwelling on the assessors report, though it’s easier said than done I know.
    What sort of things can you do to distract you? I tend to find a good box set, jigsaw puzzles etc.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.