Stuck - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stuck

2»

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    That certainly isn't what somebody should be dealing with on a Friday into Saturday @66Mustang, but I'm glad you appear to be safe and that the RAC were great.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @66Mustang,
                               How are you? I just wanted to say that I'm pleased to hear that you got home safely and that Motability have been good :) I can appreciate that you are anxious due to this but as @lisathomas50 has said if this were to happen and you were on your own you would just follow the process that happened today. I appreciate that is easier said than done but try not to worry to much, please can I ask how are you finding the driving impacting on your independence? Thank you.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Hurrah for the rescue company @66Mustang ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @WestHam06

Thanks for the kind words.

My issue is my Mum who was with me had to phone up the Motability/recovery people and also dealt with the person who arrived to help. I didn't do anything and I don't think I'd be able to do it all by myself. Maybe in time though :)

Driving impacts massively on my independence. Even though I don't go out alone it is really good to be able to drive my parents to the shops, for example, and feel like I am helping out.

• 66Mustang
    edited June 2021
    @leeCal

Thanks very much :) yes I very much agree
  • 66Mustang
    Update

Just got my car back home all sorted with not 1 but 2 new Michelin tyres on the front!! :smiley:
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Super news @66Mustang :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad all is sorted now and your car is back  when tyers need changing the thread needs to be the same on either side so they always put two tyres on 

My cars are my own so if that happened to me I put part worn on as tyres aren't cheap thats the good thing about mobility cars  apart from the payments you make and petrol you put in there are no other worries 

Glad all is ok @66Mustang
  • 66Mustang
    I thought that about tyres too but last year I had a tyre changed because it had a gouge out of it and they just replaced the 1 tyre with an identical tyre (Hankook).

I guess they changed both this time because they only had Michelins in stock so need to keep them both the same brand?

Very happy with the Michelins though :smiley:
  • leeCal
    Does the RAC membership come free with motability @66Mustang?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    @leeCal

Yeah it does. It includes absolutely everything for the car except petrol. It's really a fantastic service, can't fault it one bit.

If that's not enough they even are refunding £50 (totally unnecessary IMO) because they had less insurance claims due to lockdowns!!
  • leeCal
    Wow! 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Some mobility cars have AA cover  and there are a couple of others they use 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 66Mustang
    Haha thanks @bekindalways

I hope you are doing OK today as well :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 66Mustang
    Ha ha good to hear they had a good time
  • 66Mustang
    @OverlyAnxious

Just tagging you in as I’m sure you will know the answer!

On the old - OEM - tyres, my car used to torque steer quite badly under hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear but now on these new ones it pulls away really hard, lovely and smoothly - it seems to have made a massive difference. Is this to be expected? Why wouldn’t the manufacturer put the best tyres on originally? I guess their idea of “best” may have been chosen via a different parameter like fuel economy?
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    66Mustang said:
    @OverlyAnxious

Just tagging you in as I’m sure you will know the answer!

On the old - OEM - tyres, my car used to torque steer quite badly under hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear but now on these new ones it pulls away really hard, lovely and smoothly - it seems to have made a massive difference. Is this to be expected? Why wouldn’t the manufacturer put the best tyres on originally? I guess their idea of “best” may have been chosen via a different parameter like fuel economy?
    Emissions are the main criteria for any manufacturer (closely linked to fuel economy of course), so they generally use low rolling resistance tyres as standard.  They'll also have 2 or 3 variants from different manufacturers depending on supply levels and the best price when ordering.  So even 2 seemingly identical new cars can come with different models of tyre.

Which model were your original tyres?  I'm guessing the Michelins are Pilot Sport 4 which are highly regarded in the car world.  :)  
  • 66Mustang
    @OverlyAnxious

That makes sense, thanks

The old tyres were Hankook - the new ones are Primacy 3 :)

Brightness