Hi, my name is mike2424! Need help with a lcwra claim can anyone help please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mike2424! Need help with a lcwra claim can anyone help please

mike2424
mike2424 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I had a phone assessment for lcwra and the women was very nice and polite she said I'm not fit to work because I suffer with bi polar disorder and get enhanced rate pip and enhanced rate mobility. I phone up universal credit asking about will I receive any back pay and when does the 3 month waiting period apply from. One gave me a answer of when you first give medical evidence and I asked him is that when I first put my sick not in he said yes then I phoned up again asking if they have heard anything about my claim asked him the same question and he said it's when I first sent my my uc50 form. I put my first sick note in on the 31st January 2021 and now it's the 19th June which all together has been 19 weeks 5 days does this entitle me to 7+ weeks back pay 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    The three month waiting period is the three full assessment periods following the one in which you report the health condition. If you are found to have LCWRA the extra money is typically payable in the fifth payment after you report the health condition.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • mike2424
    mike2424 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thankyou for the reply does that mean the 3 months started from when I first reported my condition on the 31st of January?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes 

Jan wouldn't count as date of fit note was end month Feb- Mar,  mar to Apr and Apr to May waiting months first payment in June 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    mike2424 said:
    Thankyou for the reply does that mean the 3 months started from when I first reported my condition on the 31st of January?
    It’s not exactly three months. As I said, it’s the three complete monthly assessments periods following the date on which you reported it. What date do your UC monthly periods cover?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.