PIP Change of Circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Change of Circumstances

Options
confused666
confused666 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,

I have been claiming PIP since 2016 - standard mobility and enhanced daily living. I had a 'review' in 2019 which removed most of my points and I was lowered to standard daily living and no mobility. I did an MR with Fightback4Justice and had this sorted and back to the previous award.

Due to my conditions becoming worse I did a change of circumstances last year and had the assessment around two weeks ago. I have received the assessors report. It is full of lies and I apparently need no help with any daily living or mobility now. What can I do? 

I have edited to add that the assessor has used the report that I needed an MR for as evidence to prove that I do not need help. They have also told me that due to only receiving ASD and ADHD diagnoses as an adult that they do not impact my life which is untrue. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hu there 

You can't do anything apart from write and explain where you think the report is incorrect but saying they lied is not advisable 

The assessor makes their own recommendation based on what you have said it is their opinion

Apart from that you can wait for decision as it may not reflect report and then do MR
  • confused666
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hu there 

You can't do anything apart from write and explain where you think the report is incorrect but saying they lied is not advisable 

The assessor makes their own recommendation based on what you have said it is their opinion

Apart from that you can wait for decision as it may not reflect report and then do MR
    Thank you
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @confused666 - & welcome to the community. As mentioned above, first you need to wait for your decision letter. If the result is unfavourable, then I would suggest you only mention one or two inaccuracies in the assessor's report (& only if they're irrefutable) if proceeding with a MR. You would ideally put the assessor's report behind you, & concentrate on giving a couple of detailed examples for each activity/descriptor you struggle with; this is what is needed with a PIP claim. Please kindly let us know how you get on, thank you, as there's usually someone who can advise further (if needed). :)
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    Obviously the report isn't the actual decision so it's not a no yet! Sorry long post coming up!..... I didn't request my report partly because I had no idea I could (& I'm glad) and also partly because I got my you're getting **** all letter a week after they got it! As I said I am glad I didn't get it because it would of just added a few more days on to my misery and anger!!
    I was under the impression that an assessment was so I could tell/explain to them how useless I am at certain things and situations and then they write down what I've said and send it to dwp and then they decide based on what I said in assessment whether I am entitled to any pip? And if so how much etc? Anyway it wasn't until I got my you're entitled to naff all letter that I found out about having the chance to ask someone else to look at the decision again (mr) so I wrote a very angry, resentful, how very dare you do this to me letter to pip wrote mandatory reconsideration at the top and sent it off? It wasn't until after that was done that I luckily found this forum? Came on here and had a right old moan up and then discovered so many things!! Firstly I was completely shocked to find out that the assessment lady doesn't write what I've told her down in report? She simply makes her own opinions based on what I said and other evidence like the pip form we are supposed to fill in? The how your disability affects you form?? And any support letters etc you may of sent in? I wasn't ever asked to fill anything in wasn't sent any forms in advance of the assessment! So the lady had basically just disagreed with all the stuff I told her and suggested and had no other information to use so I got 4 points for both daily living and mobility! I was absolutely fuming of course because I'd been receiving both standard rate for nearly 10 years and my condition and abilities had gotten much worse since I originally applied years ago so I had no idea it would be stopped altogether! If anything I thought maybe it would stay the same and I'd have to appeal to get enhanced rate mobility at least!! It never occurred to me at all I'd get neither ? (sorry this is so long just wanted to let you know your not alone and hopefully you won't make the same mistake or mistakes I did!) So anyway I then found out via this page I needed to look at the list of descriptors and see where I think I should of scored points and write a couple of examples of how and why? For each one? That's what a mandatory reconsideration needs to be not an angry rant about how the decision maker or assessment lady have lied or called me a liar and how they are not fit to be working for dwp etc etc ??‍♀️??‍♀️? as apparently that won't help me at all (who knew? Lol)  So I rewrote my mandatory reconsideration letter and used the descriptors like suggested and sent it off explaining I wasn't aware of the proper procedure to make one and have since gotten support and rewrote it! So anyway please try if you can to not focus on being angry or let down by the whole assessment process and assessor! Because it won't help :disappointed: and use the tools on this site and people who know about these things and can advise you how to do the MR as affectively as possible! I wish I'd found this forum before I'd sent the first letter honestly it's so cringe now! I mean I am still peed off and I do still believe I was being ignored and refused due to the lady not listening or caring in the assessment and because I wasn't ever told to fill in any forms or send anything in? But I try to keep it for here or my diary or MANY emails I send myself daily ? I really hope you get what you are needing support wise hun! It's so depressing and stressful all this but please don't let them win its the anger I have that made me determined I won't let them just say no and forget about it all I can't! So in a way the anger keeps me a little bit more motivated than I am usually? It would be so easy to say ya know what? F IT but nope I can't allow that! For many reasons but mainly because it isn't right... I will shut up now I hope if you managed to actually read this ridiculous long story maybe u won't do the same as me? Or maybe u never intended to if so I am sorry but I definitely acted out on anger! Instead of using my head properly? Take care hun and stay safe! ???
  • confused666
    Options
    Thanks Emily, I don't blame you for reacting as you did, it's been hard for me not to every time this happens  :D
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    See you are probably in a much better position because unfortunately you have been here before! God only knows how people go through all this more than once in a lifetime! You are defo stronger than me! Sorry again for post being so long and hope I don't come across patronising! Just genuinely believe I've made mine take so much longer (hopefully because the first letter was so angry the writing was too messy to understand and I don't sound like an entitled bratt? :lol: Wishful thinking maybe!) But I've sent so much hand written stuff that actually had naff all to do with showing where I believe I should of got points and didnt .... that I just wish I'd been on here first! But you have your head screwed on and know what's what! Fingers crossed this dreaded backlog gets a bit less so things happen quicker for you! ???? Have a fab weekend peeps xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.