Do you like Car Boot Sales / Flea Markets? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you like Car Boot Sales / Flea Markets?

2»

Comments

• fluffycat
    fluffycat Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
    I've never actually been to a boot sale or flea market
    They can be addictive. Though bargains possible.

I’ve been to some aboard and interesting what’s about.

Though not ideal if trying not to declutter / go minimalistic lol 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    We bought two prints in three weeks worth around £100 for £10 a couple of months ago. Second hand prints are very cheap indeed, sometimes the frames are worth buying them for.

quite right though @fluffycat, best avoided if trying to de clutter ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I used to love peticote Lane Market in London still got most of what I brought 
  • fluffycat
    I used to love peticote Lane Market in London still got most of what I brought 
    Loved the buzz though very busy in times gone by. (Woman selling chicken noise thing and latest tech gadgets / infomercial stalls with kitchen / cleaning aids etc. bits)

Lol used to travel in by train then bus or tube regularly, now live nearer, don’t go! 
  • fluffycat
    leeCal said:
    We bought two prints in three weeks worth around £100 for £10 a couple of months ago. Second hand prints are very cheap indeed, sometimes the frames are worth buying them for.

quite right though @fluffycat, best avoided if trying to de clutter ?
    Well done. 

I picked up few cat (display) plates but not sure if worth anything. 

I have a ‘movie’ glazed / glass type metal pin badge which drew blank from an auction house, even web search nowt.
    Might be worth £££ (got free from paid film festival event about 15-20 yrs ago, was told rare @ time) 

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    I loved going to flea markets whenever there was one in my city, but there hasn't been one for ages now. I did collect old banknotes from around the world. They are not worth anything really, but some of them are really colourful and have great prints on them. Especially old Chinese ones. I also have some German inflation notes, printed by the banks themselves in the early thirties. One is a million-mark note, printed on one side only. It was probably worthless the day after printing. It makes me feel like a millionaire. ? Or the closest I will get anyway. ?
    I haven't bought any for years now, but still have all of them in an album. 
  • gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    I loved going to flea markets whenever there was one in my city, but there hasn't been one for ages now. I did collect old banknotes from around the world. They are not worth anything really, but some of them are really colourful and have great prints on them. Especially old Chinese ones. I also have some German inflation notes, printed by the banks themselves in the early thirties. One is a million-mark note, printed on one side only. It was probably worthless the day after printing. It makes me feel like a millionaire. ? Or the closest I will get anyway. ?
    I haven't bought any for years now, but still have all of them in an album. 
    I remember having a collection of bank notes,"Rothmans Cambridge Collection Of Rare Banknotes". The bank notes where from different  Countries and you could put them in an album. Cant remember what happened to the ones i had. 

Brightness