Hi, my name is Jay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jay

Options
Mcelligott
Mcelligott Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Could use some person to person advice, nothing specific just want to talk honestly 

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What would you like to talk about and also welcome to the forum @Mcelligott
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @Mcelligott

You are very much welcome to ask your question on the community, alternatively if you want a private conversation you can email us at community@scope.org.uk.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mcelligott - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. I hope you find the reply above helpful. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Mcelligott :) How are you doing today? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome from me too 
  • Mcelligott
    Mcelligott Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    sorry for the late reply just been really busy of late. Just having a nightmare applying for legal training contracts. I'm 23 and shortly will be finishing my legal masters and my Legal Practice Course and I know there's a lot of rejection I'm going to have to face but I feel like I'm just not even able to get my foot in the door. I'm autistic, dyslexic and hyperlexic and when I'm doing some of the tests we have to do online pre-assessment centre they are eerily similar to ones I had to do when I was being diagnosed so when I get sent the rejection after the tests it makes me feel I'm always going to be rejected because they don't accommodate how my brain works and do little to prove my worth in practice. I'm not sure why I'm bothering you all with it as there's little to be done but I think I just needed to get it out there. I'm of the first generation of my family to go to university so I think talking to them about it lacks the intimate understanding of the world I'm trying to navigate my way through. Nevertheless, I appreciate the welcome and hearing me out. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Mcelligott

Thanks for your reply, it's good to see you back on the community.

Congratulations on your soon to be finished study, you must be extremely talented to succeed in that subject so wel done :) 

When carrying out the tests, have you considered asking for a reasonable adjustment to make them more manageable for you? Or have you spoken about your concerns with those running the test? I understand why this is troubling you, but I'm sure there'll be a way around things and to overcome the barriers faced.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness