Will I receive backdated LCWRA payments? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I receive backdated LCWRA payments?

angel99
angel99 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi, I have been waiting to receive my LCWRA payment but I am still confused on how it works. I provided evidence to them (sicknote from dr) on the 25th of January but the date on the note is the 15th of January (You have to enter the date on the note into UC). Does anyone know which date they go off of? As I assume this would affect whether or not I get backdated payments. I just want to know as I don't know whether to chase it up or not. I got my LCWRA result on the 8th of May if that information is of any help. I did contact UC about it but nobody could give me an answer. Thank you.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

It depends what date you reported the medical condition also the dates of you assessment period 

From the info you have given can estimate 

Jan wouldn't count unless reported for whole assessment period 

So Feb to March,  mar to Apr and Apr ti may would be waiting periods so first payment in June 

Hope this helps but only estimate without knowing all the dates 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    angel99 said:
    Hi, I have been waiting to receive my LCWRA payment but I am still confused on how it works. I provided evidence to them (sicknote from dr) on the 25th of January but the date on the note is the 15th of January (You have to enter the date on the note into UC). Does anyone know which date they go off of? As I assume this would affect whether or not I get backdated payments. I just want to know as I don't know whether to chase it up or not. I got my LCWRA result on the 8th of May if that information is of any help. I did contact UC about it but nobody could give me an answer. Thank you.
    The three month waiting period are the three full UC assessment periods after the date on which you report the health condition. What dates do your monthly payments cover?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • angel99
    I get paid on the 27th of each month, receiving my payment statement on the 23rd or a day or two before. I got my statement today and it still includes no extra payment for June. I provided the evidence (sicknote) on the 25th of Jan which my dr dated as the 15th of January. I think that is when the assessment period started as I then was sent the form (I think this was around early march) and did the WCA in April, receiving the result of LCWRA on the 8th of May. Thank you for your help again. 
  • calcotti
    edited June 2021
    If you are paid on the 27th your monthly payments cover the 21st to the 20th of each month. If you reported your condition on 25th January that is in the January to February payment period. The three waiting periods are therefore Feb-March, March to April and April to May. The LCWRA element is therefore included for May to June, payable on 27th June (as estimated by janer).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • angel99
    So since I haven't been given a payment for June (there is nothing added based on the statement I have just received today) it is best to contact UC about this? I have sent them a message but I am waiting to hear back. Is it normal to not receive a June payment despite the estimated dates as I have heard a lot about payments being backdated?
  • calcotti
    Post a query in the payments section - Following your recent advice atet i have been found to have LCWRA I believe, that as I reported my health condition in January, I am entitled to the LCWRA element in my June payment but I note this has not been included. Please review my entitlement.

• angel99
    They got back to me saying that I reported my condition on March the 3rd so that will be beginning of the assessment period, meaning another month to wait for my payment. So they go off of when you reported the health change rather than when you gave in the sicknote? Sorry this is just very confusing to me as I thought the assessment period started from when you gave the first sicknote in.
  • calcotti
    angel99 said:
    They got back to me saying that I reported my condition on March the 3rd so that will be beginning of the assessment period, meaning another month to wait for my payment. So they go off of when you reported the health change rather than when you gave in the sicknote? Sorry this is just very confusing to me as I thought the assessment period started from when you gave the first sicknote in.
    If you have a record of reporting your health condition and providing a Fit Note on 25th January then you should challenge their assertion that you only did so on March 3rd. 

If health condition is taken as only reported on 3rd March you will not be due the LCWRA element until the July payment.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.