pip update — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip update

joshua12000
joshua12000 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So first call to pip  Nov 2020 had phone assessment Feb 2021 had requested report said scored 6 points daily living and 0 points mobility.

They said i would receive decision in approx 8 weeks so 8 weeks go by and no letter so ring and told that they had contracted my GP ? so what next.

Weird stuff then 16 th June ESA ring wanting to know stuff saying pip had contacted them now  crazy amounts of money going into my bank.

(Removed by moderator, profanity) is happening how can i get an award when assessment said 6 points everyone  says that the DWP go with the assessment services if not then why have an assessment if they don't go with the recommendation.

Is this normal procedure from DWP.

Thanks in advance.          

Comments

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    They apparently only make a suggestion after the assessment the decision maker at dwp doesn't always agree with what they say but it's more likely than not that they do? The assessor makes an opinion about what you can and can't do based on what you say on call and evidence they may have? They then do report saying their thinking around it all and making recommendations and then dwp decide whether they agree with them or not? That's all I know really that may be of any use or help? I mean it does happen quite often on here I've seen people get the money into their account before they receive the decision letter so maybe that's what's happened? Because post can take a while to come from the dwp at times.... Hope it is the news you needed @joshua12000 ??? oh and also if you were awarded the standard daily living pip I believe you then get the sdp from esa so the money may be that if from esa?  Severe disability premium? But I'm sure other people on here have better accurate knowledge /information I'm just going on what I've experienced myself or seen on here? Take care hun 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    joshua12000 said:.. why have an assessment if they don't go with the recommendation.
    The assessment report becomes one piece of evidence the Decision Maker should consider alongside all the other information available.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update @joshua12000 and I'm sorry that the process is causing you quite a bit of srtress at the minute, but hopefully you don't have to wait much longer. Have the above responses been helpful in clearing up your query? 

Just to let you know, I have removed part of your post that contained profanity, in accordance with our community guidelines.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • joshua12000
    joshua12000 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    All sorted letters arrived from PIP and ESA detailing award and amounts and length of award just has seemed to have taken a long time since assessment suppose it was the waiting for Doctors report.

Glad its all done now and wish others don't have to wait as long as i have had too before finding out the decision.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.