Stenosis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stenosis

Options
3141flmkag6895
3141flmkag6895 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I suffer from severe neural foraminal stenosis and I am in hell. I've tried every otc plus nsaids hydrocodone, gabapentin Flexeril and lidocaine patches. Nothing is working. My doctor tried to put me on lyrics but I don't care for all the side effects. My doctor sent me to a pain management doctor but he told me he couldn't do anything until I did six weeks of physical therapy. I thought he had lost his mind I am in pain now I can't wait six weeks. Plus she referred me to a neurosurgeon who takes 2 weeks to review the referral and then there appointment date ( if I ever get one) will probably be late July or August. So I don't know when I'll be able to get surgery and my doctor doesn't want to prescribe me anything else because they don't do chronic pain management and I thought " you are my primary care doctor what am I supposed to do" I don't know what to do. I can't sleep at night I'm soaking my feet because they burn all day and night. My fingers are killing me I can't feel my feet or legs. I feel like I'm walking on cardboard and sponges and the shooting and stabbing pain is terrible. I can't drive walk or do anything anymore. What am I going to do?

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @3141flmkag6895, I feel for you, I'm in a very similar position. I'm sorry to say that over the last 15 years during which I have had repeated problems with my spine, including stenosis, spondylolisthesis, herniated discs etc, I have found nothing that eases the nerve pain. I tried all the medicines you mentioned plus Pethidine and a Ketamine infusion. That didn't work, either. I have had five operations in my spine and each eased the nerve pain.
    Unfortunately, my spine is still degenerating. For the last three months I've been in the hell you describe. My GP referred me to the Spinal Clinic a month ago but there's still no word from them as to when I might be seen. The Spinal services in this country are dire. I have already asked SCOPE if their Campaigns Team can take up the fight for us. 
    I'm sorry I can't suggest anything to ease your pain. I wish I could ease mine... I don't know if it helps to know that you are not on your own. Good luck. My best wishes to you. 

Brightness