PIP seems to have been reduced after review, but we haven't had an award letter. Is this normal? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP seems to have been reduced after review, but we haven't had an award letter. Is this normal?

2»

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Although you are told to apply for an MR within a month you can do so any time within 13 months. If DWP refuse to accept a ‘late’ MR after a month you can appeal the original decision to the tribunal service.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Luna51
    Luna51 Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    That's very handy to know @calcotti - thank you.

I'm learning new things all the time here, as a mum of four grown up daughters (two with additional needs)
    I am truly grateful to have the support of this community.. 
    ?

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Still best to meet the one month timescale if possible. DWP say you need ‘good reason’ for lateness but but good to know it’s not final if it’s missed. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Luna51
    Hello all ?
    No update, just more moaning I'm afraid..

So, another week has gone by and still no decision letter...
    Should it really take another week for the DWP to post a letter? (Serious Question) 

My daughter's PIP decision was obviously made on (or before) the 3rd of June!!
    So, I am worrying now that there has been a mistake somewhere along the line, and they will want to take back her (back) payment ? (she's bought a Nintendo Switch with some if it) 

So sorry to keep going on about this, I know people are going through much worse, but I am just worrying about it all the time.. ?

• Luna51
    Can I ask if anyone else has experienced decision letter delays and if so, was there a particular reason for this?
    A 3 week delay seems like a long time. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It's mainly down to royal mail delays I think 
  • Luna51
    Hi @janer1967

Yes I think you're right as the guy I spoke with did mention this when I rang last week..thank you for reminding me.. 
    My menopausal brain isn't helping me much today either! ? 

• janer1967
    Your welcome hope it arrives soon 
  • Luna51
    Hello everyone ?

Just to update..
    The letter arrived today!
    My daughter has been awarded Enhanced for both daily living and mobility until 2024! 
    It's such a huge relief to have the letter in my hand. 

Thank you to everyone who has replied to me on this thread with advice, it's very much appreciated.

Best wishes to you all  xx
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    ???? So happy for you that's great news! 
  • janer1967
    Great news and thanks for sharing time to celebrate 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Nice one, well done @Luna51 :) I hope you can relax a bit now!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Great to have your daughter's award confirmed with the long-awaited decision letter @Luna51 - thank you for letting us know, & congratulations. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.