I'm in the LCWRA group, is there a chance my PIP claim will be successful? How long for PIP process? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm in the LCWRA group, is there a chance my PIP claim will be successful? How long for PIP process?

Options
12091978 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
DWP received my how my disability affects me form on 22nd April ,, thats 9 weeks today ,, i understand due to covid they have a backlog,, but does anyone have any idea of decision time ?? While waiting i was awarded LCWRA on my universal credit ,, is there a chance of receiving PIP also as i scored above 15 points ?? 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP and LCWRA are unconnected, some people are waiting months to have their assessment for PIP, depends how busy they are in your area.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry to be the barer of bad news but I've seen some people on here have been waiting since November December for an assessment? So it's taking a long time right now and seems to be no way of guessing a rough time frame because it's different for different people I've seen people  wait 2 months then other people still waiting 6 months later! :disappointed:
    And as @woodbine said the 2 benefits are completely different so I don't think they have any influence on each other unfortunately :disappointed: is it your first time claiming pip? And if so did you get any help filling the form in? I think that's what helped me the first time I claimed I had to get a lady from citizens advice to help me as I had no clue what I was doing! Not saying that's the only way to do it but just wondered if you have anyone helping you through the whole process or if you are doing it solo? :smile: 
    12091978 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Emilyb81
    Thanks for replying yeah I got help from my local citizens advice bureau they were most helpful!! Yeah i have some awful stories regarding the waiting times just have grin an bear it. 
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    Oh that's good they were a huge help for me and looking back probably the main reason I didn't get turned down originally and have to go through the whole appeal process now years later! I didn't get support this time on reassessment until after decision (mistake!) i really think sometimes it is the way something gets said? Using the right words etc? And in situations where I feel under pressure my words tend to jump around a bit and not make the sense they do when in my head if you know what I mean?! Anyhoo it's definitely a nightmare waiting adds to the stress of it all! I hope you hear about your assessment soon! And hope you get the decision you need! ???
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @12091978

I hope @woodbine and @Emilyb81 have helped give you an idea of the delays our members have been facing with PIP claims. 

As mentioned, PIP and LCWRA are unrelated, with PIP focusing on how an impairment(s) impacts an individual's ability to carry out specific daily living/mobility activities and LCWRA being focused on employment and a person being found not capable of work or work-related activities due to their present health.  

We wish you well with your PIP claim so please do keep us posted.  Also, I've moved your thread to our PIP, DLA and AA category and tweaked the title to help others spot what it's about :)  Take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 538 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi,

I applied for PiP at the end of November and have only just been given an assessment which is this Friday coming to which I am nervous for. So in terms of waiting it has been 7 months / 31 weeks so far for me. DWP are now saying that it takes roughly 10 months to complete claim processes due to coronavirus but this depends on your area and who does your assessment so just be prepared for a long wait.

And just to confirm what others have said LCWRA and PIP are completly different and doesn't mean if you get one you'll auto get the other. Some people work and get PiP, and some people get LCWRA and not PiP so it depends on individual cases.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.