Hi, I'm Neryspowles! Not heard back from a PIP assessment in April and feeling anxious. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Neryspowles! Not heard back from a PIP assessment in April and feeling anxious.

Neryspowles
Neryspowles Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was wondering if someone could help me please in regards to my claim for p.i.p I had a assessment on 15th April and still have not heard anything I have phoned several times and have been told different things I know it takes 8 to 10 weeks but my anxiety over this is really bad and can't stop worrying if someone could please help me I would be so grateful thank you miss <moderator removed full name>

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Try not to worry it won't change the wait time or the decision 

They estimate 8 to 10 weeks but some are quicker some are longer 

Depends on  workload of your decision maker , they may have huge workload 

Sorry not what you want to hear bit it's the reality 

Keep us updated 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Neryspowles - & welcome to the community. As advised above, many of our members have been told a decision will take on average 8 weeks, tho some have a decision earlier, & some unfortunately later. When you ring up, you will also unfortunately get different answers, as you are just talking to call handlers who don't really know about your claim. It certainly must be stressful waiting, but hopefully not much longer now, tho we would all be guessing as to when exactly that might be, sorry. Kindly let us know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • Neryspowles
    Neryspowles Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thanks I had my phone assessment on 15th April 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Hello @Neryspowles

I'm sorry the wait for news is causing you some anxiety, are you coping with that ok?  Do you feel that you have enough support with your mental health?

As you can see, the delay you're experiencing in receiving an update is pretty standard at the moment I'm afraid.  It's certainly nothing to worry about on your part and reflects increased demand on the PIP system across the country.  We will have our fingers crossed that you receive some communication soon.

Just to let you know, I've removed your name details from the original post you made to protect your identity (see our house rules), also I've changed the title of your thread and moved it to our PIP, DLA and AA category so it's in a good spot for our other members to see it.

Take care and I hope you have a lovely Wednesday.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.