Hi, my name is sadman! Pip points reduced by another assessor — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sadman! Pip points reduced by another assessor

Options
sadman
sadman Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I got my assessment report. My original assessor recommended for standard daily living and standard mobility. But another assessor suggested to ignore the report and reduced the points to 0 for both. Still I didn’t receive my award letter. What can I do? Please help me. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

This is a bit confusing have you had 2 different assessments? 

Or is it the decision maker that has made a different decision to the assessor ? 

• sadman
    Options
    In the same report. original assessor’s opinions and  recommendations are within the brackets. Then the assessor who amended the report said  ‘ignore the statement in the brackets above’ and has written her views. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sandman

I'm a little confused too.  If you haven't received an award letter, then the final decision has yet to be made by the decision maker so it's best to try and not worry too much in the meanwhile (I know it's not easy!).

If, when you receive the decision letter, you've been unsuccessful then we can support you through how to approach a Mandatory Reconsideration if that's something you want to do.

Just to let you know, I've moved our thread to our PIP, DLA and AA category so it's easier for our members to spot :)  Fingers crossed for you some good news.  Please keep us posted.

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Im just wondering if it’s went through audit? However I don’t think they would of left anything on the report that they felt didn’t  apply?
  • sadman
    Options
    Thank you. 
    May I know any claimant have any experience like this?
  • sadman
    Options
    Yes. It’s went through audit. 
  • sadman
    Options
    MarkN88 said:
    Im just wondering if it’s went through audit? However I don’t think they would of left anything on the report that they felt didn’t  apply?
    Yes it’s went through audit. 
  • sadman
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

This is a bit confusing have you had 2 different assessments? 

Or is it the decision maker that has made a different decision to the assessor ? 

I had only one assessment. After a few days of the assessment I called to DWP and they said my report was under audit process. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    OK that makes sense now 

Not a lot you can do other than contact them before the decision is made 

Also you don't know what the decision maker will decide 
  • sadman
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    OK that makes sense now 

Not a lot you can do other than contact them before the decision is made 

Also you don't know what the decision maker will decide 
    Thank you for your kind reply. Now my anxiety and depression are increased a lot. I’m sorry for my language. Because I am suffering from very low mood and very less concentration. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @sadman

Welcome to the community, I'm delighted to see you've joined us and I hope the above advice from members has been helpful.

I'm sorry to hear that your anxiety and depression is increased at the minute, do you receive support from your GP to manage those things? And do you have coping techniques to manage the moments where they are at a higher level? 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.