LEAP LETTER — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LEAP LETTER

Gobbygirl66
Gobbygirl66 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Everyone,I am wondering if anyone can enlighten me on this LEAP letter about pip I have been getting DLA then PIP for number of years mobility part for planning and following a journey but I have never heard from dwp about back payments if I am eligible for this can anyone explain it to me.
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    i'm not sure what LEAP is if i'm honest, if you are referring to a change in the rules that might have gained you extra points on PIP could I ask what rate you have been on?
    If it's enhanced then you won't have been affected.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I subscribe to the benefits and work newsletter and something came through about LEAP this morning. 

It’s some sort of review, but I haven’t read the email yet to see what it’s about. 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    ‘backdated payments are made under what is known as the LEAP review, which began in June 2018 and involves the DWP looking through the cases of approximately 1.6 million PIP claimants after it lost two landmark legal cases and had to amend its assessment guidance to decision makers.’ Daily record May 2021

this process was apparently paused in March 2020.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Presumably paused due to Covid-19, the upsurge of UC claimants, & also those claiming PIP for the first time (as recent figures show). Please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/personal-independence-payment-statistics-to-april-2021/personal-independence-payment-statistics-to-april-2021    which states,

'Latest quarterly figures to April 2021 show:

170,000 registrations for new claims, the highest quarterly level of new claim registrations since PIP began
    26,000 reported changes of circumstance, also the highest quarterly level of change of circumstance activity since PIP began'
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    It’s a “legal entitlements and administrative practices” review. Frankly, if Tom thinks there’s something of substance here then it’s worth paying attention. 

Amusing to see several members here engaging with several ex members from here on other forums who feel safer and more welcome elsewhere. Says much about th9s place.
    I came here from another forum (one of the biggest) and have found it to be safe and welcoming.
    Having said that it's the nature of the beast that all forums have a "churn" rate, and whilst I see some others going down the pan, this forum seems to be going from strength to strength.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I think @woodbine is well aware, as am I, that this forum's most frequent poster stepped away, & oh how I begged them to stay repeatedly. I also stepped away for several weeks due to issues, a minor stance, but it mattered to me.. Yes, different people keep joining the forum. which is good, but Scope should be asking the afore mentioned person to return as an advisor.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.