Will I get LCWRA backdated — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I get LCWRA backdated

shanegwarner
shanegwarner Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi, I have recently received a response from my work capability assessment saying that I have LCWRA and I was wondering when the extra payments will start being made and will I receive backdated money from when I first submitted my fit note from my doctor, thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hu there 

It depends when you reported the health condition and dates of your assessment periods 

Payments are made after 3 full assessment periods from the date you reported and on the 4th month the first payment starts.

Back pay will be paid for any months after the 3 month assessment period that haven't been paid 

If you give the dates we can work it out 
  • shanegwarner
    Thanks for the reply, My claim was started on the 11th March and my fit note was first provided on 12th March I got my LCWRA letter on the 8th June and my payment date is on the 17th of every month
    many thanks
  • janer1967
    OK 

That means Mar to Apr and Apr to May and May to June are waiting periods so first payment will be July so there will be no backpay 

It also depends on your assessment period dates what are they eg I presume they are from 10th of each month 

Your fit note needs to cover the whole of an assessment month to count so dud your fit note cover while of March assessment period if not first payment will be Aug 
  • shanegwarner
    Thanks, My assessment periods are from the 11th but my first fit note was provided on the 12th March as I was waiting for it to be sent from the doctor, so does that mean I will have to wait till august now?
  • shanegwarner
    However my first fit note was actually dated from the 8th March 
  • janer1967
    You may just have got away with it but hard to say as you reported it on same date as start of assessment period but fingers crossed payment will be July 
  • shanegwarner
    Ok thank you for your help 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    janer1967 said:
    Your fit note needs to cover the whole of an assessment month to count so dud your fit note cover while of March assessment period if not first payment will be Aug 
    A claimant can self certify for the first 7 days so a Fit Note could start up to 7 days later than the date the UC claim was made (as long as the health condition was reported as part of the initial claim)
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    edited June 2021
    @calcotti yes thanks I forgot to take that into account 

Though I was referring more in next post about date condition was reporter was same date as start of assessment period 
  • shanegwarner
    calcotti said:
    janer1967 said:
    A claimant can self certify for the first 7 days so a Fit Note could start up to 7 days later than the date the UC claim was made (as long as the health condition was reported as part of the initial claim)
    It was stated when I first made the claim, so fingers crossed, thank you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.