Hi, I'm cdf99! Is it likely to take the full 8 weeks to get my PIP decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm cdf99! Is it likely to take the full 8 weeks to get my PIP decision?

cdf99
cdf99 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone ? I had my phone assessment last week I’m not sure how it went bits went ok at times I felt the accessor wouldn’t let me finishing answering and other times I felt she was lovely show I’m unsure really, anyway I had a text today from dwp today to say they have got my report and they will write to me within the next 8 weeks, how likely is it to be the full 8 weeks or could it been sooner 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cdf99 - & welcome to the community. Most people seem to be told it will be 8 weeks, but some do get their decision a bit earlier, or later. I'm sorry I can't say anything else with any confidence about this. Please kindly let us know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Hello @cdf99 and a warm welcome to our community, how are you doing today?

The feeling of uncertainty after a PIP assessment is something a lot of our members can relate to, but well done for getting through it and we'll all have our fingers crossed for you a deserved outcome :)

As advised by @chiarieds, decision times vary so we wouldn't be able to offer a reliable time-line for when you could expect to receive the outcome; I'm afraid it's just a case of waiting at this point.

Also, just to mention - I've tweaked the title of our thread and moved it to our PIP, DLA and AA category to make it more visible to other members.  Please do keep us updated with how you get on and good luck.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • joshua12000
    joshua12000 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Had my telephone assessment Feb just got my decision and it was totally different too what the assessor had written on the report.

The waiting has been the hardest part of the whole process it has took 7 months from initial call to pip to ask for the form to a payment. 

I hope it all works out for you.
  • cdf99
    Had my telephone assessment Feb just got my decision and it was totally different too what the assessor had written on the report.

The waiting has been the hardest part of the whole process it has took 7 months from initial call to pip to ask for the form to a payment. 

Oh wow From feb until now so a lot longer than the 8 weeks then! I applied 12th March had my phone assessment last week and dwp messaged me today to say I should get a response within 8 weeks, can I ask do you get to see the report from the phone assessment? Can I request this before dwp make there decision or have I got to wait until after. Not sure how all this works 
  • easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Yes you can request this 48 hours after assessment unless you live in NI. There is a chance the person answering the phone will say no, if this happens just politely end the call and try again as you have a right to see it.
  • joshua12000
    Yeh got the report after the phone assessment only  6 points for daily living element and no points for mobility element.

Was a bit shocked at first with report but the decision maker hasn't gone with the nurse who did the assessments report and has gone with my doctors report.    
  • cdf99
    easy said:
    Yes you can request this 48 hours after assessment unless you live in NI. There is a chance the person answering the phone will say no, if this happens just politely end the call and try again as you have a right to see it.
    Ok do I request the report from dwp or capita 
  • joshua12000
  • easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Dwp. Once you have it. If the report goes against you, you will have a small window to write to The Decision Maker and explain where the assessor has misinterpreted  you and point them to your evidence. Make sure you say this is NOT a request for a mandatory reconsideration and that you reserve the right to make one. The Decision Maker does not always go with assessors report (as stated by josha above ) but in the majority they do, so this will give you an extra chance to get your message across. Address your letter to The Decision Maker and send it to the DWP with whatever address you are using, putting your name and NI number on the top of each page. Best wishes Easy.  
  • Simpsonfan881
    Simpsonfan881 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    It depends on where in the UK you live, as i have heard some people getting decisions after 2 weeks, some still waiting after 3 months, sadly COVID 19 has impacted the benefits assessment, decision process. Due to less assessors, and decision makers working, to maintain social distancing. If you have not heard anything after 6-8 weeks, i would maybe call them and give them a nudge to see what’s going on, but as mentioned it does seem to vary where you live in the UK. 
  • Neryspowles
    Neryspowles Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    It's been 9 weeks now since my phone assessment I had it on the 15th April and have rang d. W. P several times as I'm unwell and this is making my anxiety so bad am stressed and worried I could do without this right now am nor well
  • marija
    marija Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    cdf99 said:

Oh wow From feb until now so a lot longer than the 8 weeks then! I applied 12th March had my phone assessment last week and dwp messaged me today to say I should get a response within 8 weeks, can I ask do you get to see the report from the phone assessment? Can I request this before dwp make there decision or have I got to wait until after. Not sure how all this works 
    This was "lucky". I applied mid December last year and had my phone assessment at the same time as you. Now I am wondering how do they decide who is first in the queue. I all looks like lottery to me now.
    I just hope we all hear from them soon. Fingers crossed we all get a good outcome!
  • cdf99
    Hi I’ve actually had money paid into my a account today it works out only mobility standard rate when I get loads of help with daily living! I’ll wait for the letter to arrive but looks like I’m going to be appealing this 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry it doesn't look as though you've been awarded what you were hoping for @cfd99. Are you confident in what you need to do should you decide to appeal the decision once your letter arrives? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • ajsc
    ajsc Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I applied start of dec. had assessment on 28th feb and now 18th April still waiting. Doing me in it is 
  • Blue_eyes
    Blue_eyes Community member Posts: 91 Courageous
    Hi @ajsc . I had mine on 24/02 and still waiting,too. It is a long one for us unfortunately...
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hopefully, not too much longer @ajsc @Blue_eyes. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support either of you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.