Hi, my name is sharon63! Has anyone had a flare up on ME since having the AstraZeneca vaccine? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sharon63! Has anyone had a flare up on ME since having the AstraZeneca vaccine?

sharon63
sharon63 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello All. I wondered if anyone else has had a flare-up of M.E since having the AstraZeneka ??
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I haven't read anything in here about what you mention have you spoke to your gp about your concerns 

Hope other members with me may be able to help 
  • sharon63
    sharon63 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thankyou for youre reply.
    I have seen my Dr about the flareup. But didnt think it was AstraZeneka until someone else has had the same thing regarding M.E and astraZeneka ( excuse my grammar . My brains not functioning properly).
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    OK I don't know much about it but there is a reporting statement called yellow card to report reactions to the vaccine I presume its through NHS website 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sharon63 and welcome to our community,

A flare up of M.E. isn't a recognised side effect of any of the COVID-19 vaccines. For more information on known side effects, please see these respective patient information leaflets:

Whilst, please use this Yellow Card reporting website to report any suspected side effects to vaccines/medication that may concern you.  

Unfortunately flare-ups of health conditions can happen at anytime and it may well be purely coincidental timing around having your vaccine.  Has your GP given you a treatment plan to help settle your flare-up?

I hope you feel better soon, take care :)

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • neuromum4
    neuromum4 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    I have a flare after Astra Zenca quite alot of people with M.E and Fibromyalgia have. My second jab was Pfizer. I had to report to yellow card.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I have to say this more things have come to light with different illnesses and side affects that happen it has all been reported not all side effects are put on any medication because it would would be like writing a book  no one realy knows what its going to cause how people are going to react 

Everyone is different not long ago they were saying you had to have the same vacination the second time thst you had first now that has changed 

There are going to be different side affects for different people  things are changing every day and things are going to keep on changing 

There  could be certain parts of the vacination that people react to or reacts with medication people take 

We don't know do we 
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
     Hi @sharon63. I have had ME for 8 years and had the AstraZeneca vaccine. I didn't have any reactions to it at all not even a sore arm.

Brightness