PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Hi, I'm Beverlyreed1969! I was owed money by pip but they have taken it off what I owe income sup

Beverlyreed1969Beverlyreed1969 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 24 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi I was owed money by pip but they have taken it off what I owe income support am I right in thinking they are not allowed to take my PIP ?

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 12,061 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

They always try and recover debts from any backdated money 

Did you have a payment plan in place to repay the debt ? Were you aware of the debt 

I would advise you to contact welfare rights to see what they suggest
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,697

Scope community team

Hello @Beverlyreed1969

Welcome to the community, how are you today? 

I have moved your discussion over to our PIP category, you might wish to browse there for similar situations to yours, that can sometimes help people feel better and help shed some light on aspects of the process. 

I hope that the above comment has been helpful, as mentioned it's quite common that they try to recover any debts. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • Beverlyreed1969Beverlyreed1969 Member Posts: 2 Listener
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,109 Disability Gamechanger
    @Beverlyreed1969 hi and welcome from me, fraid they are entitled to take back money owed, even if they have to wait until you draw your state pension, at least the debt will be paid off.
    I will now only offer benefits advice on PIP, and specific benefits advice for other people with Epilepsy. 
Sign in or join us to comment.