Hi, my name is Beamoody! Just had a letter saying they want to do a video assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Beamoody! Just had a letter saying they want to do a video assessment

Options
Beamoody
Beamoody Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I was on DLA for life, then they took it off me when it changed to PIP. They put me on different rates. Now I've completed another assessment and again on different rates but I've just had a letter saying they want to do a video assessment. I was given my award back in March 2021, is this a mistake or what???? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Did you put in an appeal at all 

It does seem strange if they have already made the decision 

You will have to call them to find out 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Beamoody

Welcome to the community, how are you? 

So you received your award in March, but now you've received a letter calling you for a video assessment? As asked above, did you put in a MR? 

Probably best to call them and see what's going on, unless the letter provides any details?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Beamoody
    Options
    Hi, no I didn't put a MR in, just accepted there decision. I'll phone them tomorrow and I'll let you know.
    Thanks for the response 
  • Beamoody
    Options
    I've been on the phone to Capita and they said I've need a new assessment to decide on what the DWP will award me as my health problems have got worse.
    Great more stress as they normally get everything wrong and don't let you explain what you go through each day and I've normally ended up going to tribunal. It's all stress and anxiety I don't need. 
    Do you think it's a good idea to mention that on DLA it was granted for life and my arthritis is going away magically and yes I could do with a automatic car on the mobility scheme but they never give it me for long enough. They have me on the lower rate mobility part, when I can hardly walk, plus my heel spur has got worse and its agony each step. I've put all this down on the forms.
    You see so much on different sites saying that the DWP is backdated claims and is going through correcting them, does anyone know if this is true. 
  • Beamoody
    Options
    Well just had my telephone assessment but I don't think I have got my point across.
    Asked about DLA having been granted for life but told that pip is completely different and assessed differently and nothing to do with DLA. 
    Asked about getting a copy of his report but told that when the DWP assess the claim then I can ask for a copy of the report but I read that you can ask for a copy 24 hours after the telephone assessment???
    Anyone know 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there Sorry you don't think it went well 

Pip and dla are different and getting dla doesn't mean you will get pip as explained different criteria 

You can request copy of the report approx 7 days after assessment or after you get a text saying dwp have the report 

Not always good idea to get it though as can cause stress then waiting to see if that's the decision that has been made 

The report is only recommendations 
  • Beamoody
    Options
    OK thank you 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear you think it didn't go well @Beamoody, but I hope you get a positive surprise when you receive the decision, fingers crossed for you. Keep us updated.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.