Lcwra payment and wait time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra payment and wait time

lukej
lukej Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all new here I’ve just been awarded lcwra on the 20th it’s been 10 months since first sick note. Went In they said any amount owed would be back dated starting from the 4th month wich I already new it states on the letter that I should have a note on my journal with in 7 working days of when this will be payed so in my understanding that’s 7 months underpayment owed when I phoned to double check she the lady I spoke to said they was reviewing the under payment amount is this so they can calculate how much? And how long have people waited before being paid any amount owed thanks in advance 

luke 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello there @lukej and welcome to the community, how are you? 

Yes I imagine it will be because they are working out how much or there's just a delay with proceedings, doesn't sound like it's anything to worry about, hopefully the payment should be with you soon.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • lukej
    hi @Ross_Scope I’m very well thank you as I said tomorrow will be the 5th day in waiting is the payment usually paid during the 7 working days wait or does this mean 7 working days to be told a date it will be paid thanks again 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

They state 7 days but don't hold your breath 

That is till they let you know when and how much to pay ..

However lots of members have said recently they have been waiting longer than the 7 days 

Hard to say how long you could be waiting due to all backlogs and new claims 
  • lukej
    My next assment period for my monthly payment is the 01/07 and paid on the 04/07 will the include the lcwra element or will I have to wait till the back pay has been sorted sorry for all the questions guys this is just so confusing and get little to no response on my journal I’ve left messages for last 4 days and no one has replied I’ve had to get some one from uc to leave a note on my journal asking my case manager to reply to my quietude/worries is this normal with it all changing after being awarded lcwra 
  • lukej
    Quieries sorry 
  • janer1967
    You should get paid the extra in your next payment as it was awarded before end of assessment period 

Back pay takes longer 

When you put entries in your journal when prompted select payment or service query then your case manager should see them rather than just admin 
  • lukej
    I’ve been putting service isssues when asked why no one has replied and payment when asking about payment does this mean somethings wrong or am I just worrying too much thanks again for your advice @janer1967
  • janer1967
    You are worrying too much 

Dwp are dealing with more claims than ever and backlogs with reduced staff everything is taking lots longer 
  • lukej
    Thank you just before I was awarded lcwra I got a reply with in a day or two but never waited this long but thank you for all your help guys you have been amazing much appreciated 
  • tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    I am in exactly the same position, did you get your back pay, did yr next payment increase?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.