If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Hi, I'm suerogkemsley! Looking for a doctor to assess daughter + support her PIP claim.

suerogkemsleysuerogkemsley Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 24 in PIP, DLA and AA
My daughter suffers from CP. She has worked and coped all her life. At 50 years of age she is now really struggling. She has been turned down for PIP and we are now going to Tribunal. We need a doctor to carry out an assessment to support her claim. Can anyone suggest someone suitable, we live in Cornwall.


  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 4,417

    Scope community team

    Hi @suerogkemsley and a warm welcome to our community.  How are you doing?

    I'm sorry to hear your daughter's been unsuccessful with her PIP claim and is now at the tribunal stage.  It might not be necessary to find a doctor to support her, as unless the doctor has detailed insight into how her CP impacts her ability to carry out the PIP activities, it may not prove beneficial to your case.  Rather, evidence from people who know her well such as family members, support workers and carers that can demonstrate how her CP impacts her ability to complete the PIP activities would likely be more helpful. 

    One way of providing this evidence is through detailed accounts of the last time your daughter tried an activity with them present i.e. who was there, where they were, what the activity was, what her difficulties were and how they had to assist her to complete the task reliably.  Remembering that unless your daughter can carry out an activity reliably, that is safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly and in reasonable time then a particular descriptor can't be satisfied.

    Have you accessed any support from a welfare representative with the PIP process?  If not, I'd highly recommend you do that.  You can find someone local to you via the Advice Local website, entering your postcode and selecting 'welfare benefits' from the drop down list.  

    Just to let you know, I've changed the title of your thread to help others see what it's about and also moved it to our PIP, DLA and AA category.  Good luck and please fire away with any more questions you might have.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

    Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,742

    Scope community team

    Welcome to the community @suerogkemsley :) Have you had a chance to look at Cher's comment above? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • suerogkemsleysuerogkemsley Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes thank you. I've emailed the response over to her.
Sign in or join us to comment.